Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BB gives us our only chance with Zion Williamson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 3,289

BB gives us our only chance with Zion Williamson

Mar 28, 2017, 10:45 PM

A slim chance, but a chance. That in itself should be enough to swallow your pride and attempt to give this one more shot and see what we can do with it.

If we aren't in the tourney next season, BB is gone. Simple. I'm still going to hope for the best

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have written Zion off.*****

Mar 28, 2017, 10:50 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one player should be enough to keep Brownell here.

Mar 28, 2017, 10:58 PM

Last year people said, "Keeping Brownell helps us keep Blossomgame." How'd that work out for us?

If were playing 4 years it would be different. 1 year? No****

Mar 28, 2017, 11:01 PM

I agree

Mar 29, 2017, 1:13 PM [ in reply to No one player should be enough to keep Brownell here. ]

This year was a huge disappointment, and if you had told me a year ago that this is where we would be right now, I would have been behind Firing BB for that.

But circumstances change, and I feel that playing it out another year is just the right move to do at this time. You don't have to agree with me, that's just what I think.

Re: BB gives us our only chance with Zion Williamson

Mar 28, 2017, 10:59 PM

He's got two final four teams after him. Duke and Kansas wants him. Give me one good reason that he would come to Clemson. Our own ad doesn't care about basketball. He wants the graduation rates high. Winning doesn't matter.

Hate to see a legacy go somewhere else,

Mar 29, 2017, 12:02 AM

but he's likely a one-and-done given his talent.

Re: Hate to see a legacy go somewhere else,

Mar 29, 2017, 12:04 AM

He could come here and get some "nice guy" street creed from Brad. That goes a long way.

No. I can't agree with that.

Mar 29, 2017, 12:06 AM

You don't keep a failed coach on the hope that a single recruit might sign with you.

I'm not saying I agree with it

Mar 29, 2017, 1:18 PM

I'm saying that it's a reason to get behind the decision and attempt to have a positive attitude for the upcoming season.

The crybabies need to shut up and get over it, because Clemson will field a basketball team coached by Brownell this winter whether we like it or not. I would rather have the fanbase support the team and potentially finish at .500 in the conference then have the bottom fall out and have a totally miserable season

Mar 29, 2017, 7:34 AM

Nope. There is this thing called winning, and sometimes in order to get a player like Zion you have to win, and hey guess what we haven't done that so Zion ain't coming here so swallow your pride and move on.

Mar 29, 2017, 7:41 AM

Zion likes to win championships and showcase his skills on the big stage. At least in basketball, Clemson doesn't desire to win titles. Drad wants a few good men.

^^^^^RA'd

Mar 29, 2017, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: BB gives us our only chance with Zion Williamson ]

for improper use of the phrase "swallow your pride"

a one year player isn't reason to stay the course

Mar 29, 2017, 8:00 AM

there may be other reasons why but Zion isn't it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You missed the point

Mar 29, 2017, 1:22 PM

Im not saying that is a reason BB should be retained.

BB has been retained regardless of whether or not we like it. Because of BB being here, it gives us maybe a 15% chance of landing a program-changing kind of player from our own backyard. Just a reason to attempt to have a positive outlook on this upcoming season.

And if we aren't in the tourney, he's gone. How does that not make sense?

The NCAA Tournament is not a reasonable expectation next

Mar 29, 2017, 8:23 AM

year. I doubt DRad expects that.

The NIT is a realistic but difficult possibility for this team next year given the losses offensively, defensively and in rebounding. If we win a few more games in the ACC or get to the NIT and win a couple, that's all that DRad can reasonably expect next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The NCAA Tournament is not a reasonable expectation next

Mar 29, 2017, 8:28 AM

well then, looks like you and coachmac can take a couple of years off and not be so stressed out. why not start now.

I'm not stressed out like you.

Mar 29, 2017, 8:38 AM

Check my profile. I've been here for quite some time.

You bring absolutely nothing to the discussion as usual. You're like somebody's grumpy old bitter neighbor who keeps yelling and threatening everybody that walks by.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not stressed out like you.

Mar 29, 2017, 8:52 AM

so, this is a discussion. thought it was just a bitchfest against our coach. i have stated many times i wanted a change but i aint gonna spend 24/7 doing autoposts against the guy. he is our coach, like it or not. and we get it, you 2 parrots do not like him.

Maybe YOU should take some time off, if it

Mar 29, 2017, 9:01 AM

hurts your feelings so much. We get it. Basketball is not important to you. You're fine with the status quo.

Clemson fans are extremely disappointed for the sixth year in a row. It's a discussion board. If it bothers you and you have nothing to offer, just step away and stop reading and responding with a plethora of nothingness.

Re: Maybe YOU should take some time off, if it

Mar 29, 2017, 1:24 PM

"You're fine with the status quo."

Deroberts has said several times he wanted a change after this year.

Take your bull #### accusations elsewhere.

Just because some of us are sick and tired of you are Chicken Michaels constant spamming of the board every two seconds doesnt mean we are happy with CBB.

Message was edited by: Clemalum07®

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Re: I'm not stressed out like you.

Mar 29, 2017, 9:02 AM [ in reply to I'm not stressed out like you. ]

"You bring absolutely nothing to the discussion as usual."

Dude you spamming the same nonsense over and over again for 3 straight weeks is not bringing much to the table either so get off your high horse.

Re: The NCAA Tournament is not a reasonable expectation next

Mar 29, 2017, 8:38 AM [ in reply to The NCAA Tournament is not a reasonable expectation next ]

When you set the bar so low in basketball, it's easy to make goals. Imagine when we hired Dabo many years ago if the goal was just to make a bowl game. We wouldn't be national champs now.

Zion will play in Littlejohn wearing BLUE

Mar 29, 2017, 1:50 PM

UNC, Duke or Kentucky --- I'd love it to be Orange & hate it if it were Garnet, but he's WAY above either of those choices...don't care if the Cluckers made Final Four. Halley's Comet shows up once every 75 years too, so chances are about equal of it happening again.

Mar 29, 2017, 1:58 PM

Clemson basketball offers Zion Williamson no compelling reasons to come here. If he was a 5 star football player,i would say otherwise. Can Brownell get Williamson to the pros quick? He's a one and done kind of player. Him getting a degree is not relevant. Do we run a fast offense which showcases his talents? That could change next year. Kids like Williamson want to become pros more so than graduate from college.

Mar 29, 2017, 2:54 PM

yawn

I bet there would be tnet peeps mad if BB pulled that off***

Mar 29, 2017, 4:26 PM

Replies: 26
| visibility 3,289
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive