Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson basketball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Clemson basketball

Mar 28, 2017, 10:14 PM

Losing close games comes down to coaching. Fine that Brownell is a fine citizen and a nice guy, BUT he's getting paid to win games....big games....and he falls pathetically short on that.
The football program winning the national championship puts an added pressure on all the other sports and their coaches to perform. As a result the athletic programs will never be the same......they will have to perform to a new standard.
Clemson baseball has grasped that by bringing on a coach that can take the program to the next level.......now it's time for"super Dan " to make the same kinda change in the basketball program.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson basketball

Mar 28, 2017, 10:38 PM

It's hard to say exactly what DR will do,other than give BB ,another year.You can count on that.
But when DR says in one paragraph that The NCAA Tournament isn't the only measure of a coach,and then goes on to say making the NCAA Tournament is certainly something we desire to do,that sends
a mixed message in my opinion.Which one do you ant,and at what cost?
Brad is a nice guy,and a fine citizen,but he definitely hasn't been able to take the program to the next level.And I have an opinion as to why.
What I see,and I'm no basketball guru,is in Brad's inability ,or maybe just his style of coaching
in failing to recruit a "BIG" man who can dominate the paint.His up tempo game,much like OP's just isn't working.
I have said it on several post that if you look at the teams in the Sweet Sixteen,the Elite Eight,and now the Final Four,all of these teams have a dominate "BIG" man.
When was the last time you remember a"BIG" man who dominated the middle playing for Clemson?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic