Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks like we have Brownell for at least a couple more years
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Looks like we have Brownell for at least a couple more years

Mar 28, 2017, 6:22 PM

and, while it is a goal, it doesn't matter if he makes the tournament as long as his players are good kids.

That seems to be the message from our AD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like we have Brownell for at least a couple more years

Mar 28, 2017, 6:26 PM

Larry Shyatt would never have been fired if Drad had been the ad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2017, 7:40 PM

maybe you and chuck can get together and snuggle up for the duration of brownells tenure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2017, 7:44 PM

I won't be wasting my money on a underachieving basketball team under Brownell. Football is on top like baseball. I can't believe that Drad doesn't think making the NCAAs isn't a priority. Graduate your good kids Brownell while other schools around win basketball games.

Mar 28, 2017, 7:46 PM

coachmac when was the last time you even graced the doors of littlejohn. no fibbing please.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2017, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks like we have Brownell for at least a couple more years ]

> I won't be wasting my money on a underachieving
> basketball team under Brownell. Football is on top
> like baseball. I can't believe that Drad doesn't
> think making the NCAAs isn't a priority. Graduate
> your good kids Brownell while other schools around
> win basketball games.

No offense but I doubt you could find Clemson on a map

Mar 28, 2017, 9:50 PM

I graduated from there in 1980. I watched a Bill Foster team with Larry Nance on the team make the elite 8. You can win in basketball at Clemson.

Mar 28, 2017, 10:15 PM

Sure you did little loser

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Mar 28, 2017, 10:27 PM

It's true. I get the feeling that you want to keep
Brownell no matter if he lost most games.

Mar 28, 2017, 10:32 PM

I've said multiple times I wanted a change little troll so try again.

See that is why you fail as a troll you can't keep your BS straight.

Kinda like earlier when you said no one was saying fire DRad

2 more years of what ifs maybes, and close losses. Sad.***

Mar 28, 2017, 7:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

I wouldn't say that

Mar 28, 2017, 7:50 PM

he was not extended and the buyout is being negotiated down. I'd say privately some clear expectations were given and they are arranging things for a move if those private goals are not met

Re: I wouldn't say that

Mar 28, 2017, 7:55 PM

Be right. If I interpret what Drads logic for keeping Brownell was and if he means it, he is kidding himself .

The reason I say that, is the high probability

Mar 28, 2017, 9:25 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't say that ]

that we will be, at best, no better than we were this year. We aren't a Tournament team next year.

It doesn't make sense to me to keep a guy, knowing that in all probability he will fail to achieve or exceed the current level of accomplishment next year, unless that level of accomplishment is also acceptable next year.

If DRad were convinced that Brad won't improve the program

Mar 28, 2017, 9:39 PM

then he would have fired him. It's obvious from his interview that the buyout wasn't an issue, because we can afford it and because we wouldn't have actually owed him $3.5 million anyway. Plus, Brad getting another job is very likely to happen if he chooses to continue coaching.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

if he truly believed in him he would also have given

Mar 28, 2017, 9:40 PM

him an extension onto his deal...that didn't happen

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If DRad were convinced that Brad won't improve the program

Mar 28, 2017, 9:47 PM [ in reply to If DRad were convinced that Brad won't improve the program ]

Who would hire Brownell right now? They can have him. Like another poster said , if Drad really believed in Brad,he would have given him one more year for recruiting. I can't believe that Drad actually believes what he said.

Brad would quickly be hired at a mid-major program.

Mar 28, 2017, 10:03 PM

He is well thought of in coaching circles and would have no problem getting another job. Contrary to what you and some others here seem to think, Brad has not done a bad job at Clemson. Not what we all hoped for, by certainly not bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Brad would quickly be hired at a mid-major program.

Mar 28, 2017, 10:08 PM

I wish some school would come get him.

The only way I can see how this all adds up is if DRad was

Mar 28, 2017, 9:42 PM [ in reply to The reason I say that, is the high probability ]

simply caught off guard by how miserably we finished, and therefore unprepared to make a move. I think he felt (though I don't agree with him) that if we made a decent showing in the NIT, that would be enough to retain Brownell on a performance basis, and I think he felt certain that we would. Then after meeting with Brownell, who really has done many good things here, decided to give him one last chance.

Thus we keep him without offering an extension.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

but by doing that you create instability in a program that

Mar 28, 2017, 9:47 PM

desperately needs it...it's the strangest thing. You talk in the same press conference about patience and investment in the program but then don't extend the coach to at least four years. I'm no fan of Brad's but if you're going to keep the guy you've really got to keep him which means give him a four year deal or cut him loose. It's only fair to everyone involved.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I agree with that

Mar 28, 2017, 9:55 PM

pretty sure opposing coaches aren't going to have a difficult time convincing recruits that next year could be Brad's last. An extension is in name only if the buyout drops

Re: While I agree with that

Mar 28, 2017, 9:58 PM

The whole situation is a mess.

Mar 28, 2017, 10:08 PM

again, mrs clemson fan, i notice no comment on 28 scoreless innings and never one poast on a baseball game. so tell me cocklover, at what point after joining tnet - for free i might add - did you decide that you would not mention the a$$ whipping you took in football, baseball, and basketball? you're either an imbecile or a cocklover, redundant i know. but, after the national championship, no tiger michelle. after the win in hoops, no tiger michelle. after series win in baseball, no tiger michelle. and, you called bb a loser. want to say it again??? might want to look up the definition of loser

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Mar 28, 2017, 10:16 PM

Boom

The way I read things...

Mar 28, 2017, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: While I agree with that ]

BB has a year to find another job to lower his buyout while it looks like he still has a job. Only way to save it is to get to the dance. Otherwise Bye bye BB.

I agree, and that's why this is the only explanation I can

Mar 28, 2017, 10:24 PM [ in reply to but by doing that you create instability in a program that ]

come up with.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I don't think he is guaranteed after next year*****

Mar 28, 2017, 10:32 PM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic