Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Article about what players do with their monthly stipend.....including some Clemson players.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,986

Article about what players do with their monthly stipend.....including some Clemson players.

Mar 28, 2017, 3:26 PM

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/sports/ncaafootball/pets-car-repairs-and-mom-how-football-players-use-their-stipends.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Article about what players do with their monthly stipend.....including some Clemson players.

Mar 28, 2017, 3:53 PM

1960 the weekly allowance wac$15

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Article about what players do with their monthly stipend.....including some Clemson players.

Mar 28, 2017, 4:11 PM

We got $15 a month, not a week.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol---yeah......The last few semesters I had

Mar 28, 2017, 4:25 PM

3-4 part-time jobs and commuted from Greenville each day, always carried a full load and went to every summer session....It was the best time of my life!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2017, 4:32 PM

My personal opinion is that they deserve more, or cut practice time so that they can get a job. Head Coaches making millions, assistant coaches making a mil plus for Coordinators, and the others making half mil and up, and the kids taking all the pain playing the game. I'm not saying make them wealthy, but enough to live without the stress of how will they get by the next week. H&ll Yes they deserves more of what they make for everybody else involved!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2017, 4:43 PM

While I don't like the idea of paying college athletes....I do think there are everyday expenses that we all have. $100 a week for gas, toiletries, entertainment, groceries, car repairs, pet expenses, gifts for loved ones, going home to see family, doing something to decompress during spring break, and other miscellaneous items seems low to me these days. While I know it is a lot of money for many folks, I don't think these kids should struggle to pay to get their car towed.

The thing I found interesting is how many of the student athletes send some of the money home to family.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,986
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic