Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting findings in concussion study....(link)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,368

Interesting findings in concussion study....(link)

Mar 28, 2017, 4:45 AM

http://www.ajc.com/sports/high-school/girls-soccer-has-highest-concussion-rate-high-school-sports-study-finds/hjBm3Ywsccc01nGRZskoXO/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting findings in concussion study....(link)

Mar 28, 2017, 7:45 AM

The link between soccer and head injuries has been known for some time. There are also several retrospective studies published from Europe that demonstrate a link between playing competitive soccer long-term and an increased incidence of dementia in that population as they age

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2017, 8:36 AM

all sports in 10 years due to pu$$ified america:

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2017, 8:59 AM

So your saying we will be entertained for years to come?

null

So protecting the brains of children and young adults is

Mar 28, 2017, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Interesting findings in concussion study....(link) ]

pussification?

Mar 28, 2017, 11:51 AM

Another thing to be aware of is that soccer among girls is much more vicious than it is among boys. I've coached as high as state-level soccer and I can tell you unequivocally that girls are much, much rougher and nastier on the field than guys are...and the guys are shockingly physical, try it yourself sometime and find out.

But the chicks take it to a different level. Not sure why. Everybody remembers the New Mexico hair puller but honestly you see that kinda stuff in virtually every girl's soccer match you watch, even in middle school soccer. (The first thing I saw when I watched a girl's middle school team play one time, actually, was one girl deliberately dump another girl on the running track ringing the field, skinned her up from head to toe.) It could be the super-alpha, Amazon chicks whose brothers are busy playing football play soccer instead because it's the only sport really open to them, but from U13 on, girl's soccer is rough, and you can expect some pretty substantial, emergency-room injuries on a team over the course of a season. I think the concussions are at least partially reflective of the general level of violence that exists for whatever reason in the girls' game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjV2D4s2kDU

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,368
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic