Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Friend of mine gave me a 74" Coke Bottle
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

A Friend of mine gave me a 74" Coke Bottle

Mar 27, 2017, 11:29 PM

From an un-defeated home season, gave it to me last year around August. It was empty, but still I appreciated the gift. He had 3 more empty, cleaning out his pop's old shed. Back then it was Clemson college. Georgia was considered a rivalry game every year, so was GT. Beat Gamecocks that year at Death Valley at end of season. It would be a few years before I was born, but as my mom worked on campus from 81-99, I spent a lot of time roaming around campus as a little boy waiting on her. So, the coke bottle was significant to me in a lot of ways, remembering the days of Old Clemson.

I told him that I think Clemson will win it all this year with Watson ( last year ) & that I think He wants this more than anything- at the time. As with doubt, He said " you may be right". Just got lucky in my guess, but couldn't find a better roster than Clemson's. Even when the team tripped with Pitt, I still looked at that old coke bottle and believed.

As I watched the end of the game against Alabama this year I looked up at the old empty coke bottle sitting on my refrigerator and thought " that is what this year's team did- They emptied all on the field, nothing left".

Back in 74, it was a big deal just to go un-defeated at home. I still can't hardly believe that Clemson is National Champs in football, sometimes I just need to drive by the sign going into Clemson to remind me. As a Clemson fan, I have a lot to be thankful for coming from just an old fan telling a story with an empty coke bottle of the 74' season on top of the refrigerator.

ATech

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have 1974 undefeated home season Pepsi Bottle***

Mar 27, 2017, 11:37 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Re: I have 1974 undefeated home season Pepsi Bottle***

Mar 27, 2017, 11:43 PM

Retired: That is pretty awesome man. Like your slogan at the bottom of the page, couldn't agree more.

Re: I have 1974 undefeated home season Pepsi Bottle***

Mar 28, 2017, 7:01 AM [ in reply to I have 1974 undefeated home season Pepsi Bottle*** ]

Thank you. I thought he had a 74 inch Coke bottle at first.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All for one and one for all.

haha me too, I clicked to see where he kept it***

Mar 28, 2017, 7:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: haha

Mar 29, 2017, 12:15 AM

Smarty. Everyone knew what I meant - 1974. Nothing smart said about GA rivalry? Surprised I knew anything probably. Tough skin though, so glad to see you got some humor from it.

It's cool to hear that people have full bottles, etc. All Tiger fans probably some, if not a lot of memorabilia that means something to them. A moment with a player, a coach, etc. I had went to fan day this year and gotten the autographs of all of the WR group, including Williams, Scott, Gallman S.I signed, etc. Didn't want to brag about stuff, My post was about an empty bottle, a history, and a team I have pulled for - for almost 40 years. But hey, if you've got some cool memorabilia and think it trumps others, great for you. It's not about that to me, I just wanted to write as a fan about Clemson FB and an old bottle- from 1974.

I have 1974 Pepsi Bottle and it has pepsi in it***

Mar 28, 2017, 7:23 AM [ in reply to I have 1974 undefeated home season Pepsi Bottle*** ]

Re: A Friend of mine gave me a 74" Coke Bottle

Mar 27, 2017, 11:56 PM

My neighbor (big Bama fan) gave me a 1981 championship bottle last week. I already had one, but didn't have the heart to tell him as I appreciated the gesture greatly. They are pretty nice folks, but they have a life-size cutout of Saban in their garage (signed by Saban). :)

Mar 28, 2017, 12:24 AM

I wonder if Saban secretly keeps a life size poster of Watson in his basement.. I mean, the man said " this is the most impactful player of a game since we faced Cam Newton" just a thought. ;)
Saban hates he lost the title, but He saw Watson coming!

Mar 28, 2017, 8:06 AM

It was not college back then. That happened about 8 or 10 years earlier

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2017, 8:11 AM

it's good to have friends like that. My friend gave me an IOU and I haven't seen him since.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's one tall Coke bottle.***

Mar 28, 2017, 12:38 PM

Re: That's one tall Coke bottle.***

Mar 28, 2017, 12:53 PM

I have the same bottle, except still full.

Mar 28, 2017, 1:01 PM

So I think it was mine that brought the Natty, because like my bottle, the team was also full of confidence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic