Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
i still hate C. Laettner
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

i still hate C. Laettner

Mar 27, 2017, 11:20 AM

but this made me laugh:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/christian-laettner-welcomes-luke-maye-to-the-kentucky-killer-brotherhood-144341078.html

and for all you haters and 'no class' jokesters:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/hours-after-hitting-game-winning-shot-uncs-luke-maye-receives-standing-ovation-at-8-a-m-class-145928625.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHAT?

Mar 27, 2017, 11:23 AM

UNCheat 'student athletes' going to class?
Despicable

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WHAT?

Mar 27, 2017, 11:41 AM

At clemson, athletes didn't get standing ovations for showing up to class. It was expected of them. UNCheat has a different set of rules. Thats why they have to film it and put it on the internet:)

I don't think they were giving him a standing ovation for

Mar 27, 2017, 12:07 PM

showing up to class, but I could be wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: I don't think they were giving him a standing ovation for

Mar 27, 2017, 12:52 PM

That part was a joke, but in light of what we now know...who knows?

21 minutes....

Mar 27, 2017, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: WHAT? ]

not bad.. i was expecting something a bit quicker

kudos for the CU contrast.. i was expecting something more simple along the lines 'they applauded because he actually came to class for the first time

:)

Now that they're under NCAA investigation...

Mar 28, 2017, 12:24 AM [ in reply to WHAT? ]

Roy makes his UNC athletes have to go to class NOW.. They still get an A without trying but they now take attendance.

I dont think anyone said ALL UNC players cheat

Mar 27, 2017, 12:06 PM

Just a majority of them.

Your school has paid 18,000,000+ in lawyer fees to defend the scandal

Innocent people need not lawyer up

PS-Kudos to Mr. Maye

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am NOT defending UNC here

Mar 27, 2017, 12:36 PM

But this part of your post is ludicrous to me:
"Innocent people need not lawyer up"

I'd argue it is absolutely in the best interest of someone who is being accused of something, whether they are innocent or guilty (and heck, perhaps even moreso if they are innocent) to have legal representation.

Getting legal representation is NOT a sign of guilt. It is a sign of making a wise decision. You're just rehashing the old cop tv-show cliche of "He's guilty so he asked for a lawyer" reasoning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my question is...

Mar 27, 2017, 1:38 PM

unc ALREADY has a law school with scores of professors and adjuncts all with different specialties.....

unc ALREADY has 15-20 lawyers on retainer for the university....

unc ALREADY employs a public relations firm...

If unc is as innocent as they claim and want a formerly gullible public to believe, why did they feel the need to go and hire an extremely expensive law firm to handle NOTHING but the NCAA allegations to go along with the extremely expensive Washington, DC, Public Relations firm which handles all the "scandal related" information releases??

None of the monies paying these outside firms may come from North Carolina taxpayers as unc insists, but surely they could have found a better useage for the nearly $20 million they've spent trying to convince the world they're innocent of all charges.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

please read the above

Mar 27, 2017, 3:06 PM

well said

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

go heels

Mar 27, 2017, 12:18 PM

and for people still going on and on about this and that in regards to ncaa infractions - get over it. this team and the teams over the past 6 yrs or more have nothing to do with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: go heels

Mar 27, 2017, 1:11 PM

They are UNCheat -- they are the worse offenders in NCAA history. They MUST be penalized, by pulling their football and basketball teams from the arenas for 2 years -- should not have been allowed to play 2016-2017.
Plus, they MUST forfeit any championships from the offending years. This year's team should not have been allowed to play, so any championship, if achieved, should be forfeited.

So now it's noteworthy when a UNC athlete goes to class?***

Mar 27, 2017, 1:30 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in case you were under your rock

Mar 27, 2017, 1:35 PM

and missed it

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19011178/see-all-angles-luke-maye-game-winning-shot-sent-north-carolina-final-four

so you weren't taking a victory lap because a walk-on went

Mar 27, 2017, 1:36 PM

to class?

not a walk-on

Mar 27, 2017, 1:40 PM

Roy actually wanted him to walk on, but he's on scholarship

He might have a scholarship now, but he originally walked on

Mar 27, 2017, 1:43 PM

that's why the phrase former walk on was used in the first sentence of the article you linked because you felt the need to show us SOME UNC athletes actually go to class

wrong again

Mar 27, 2017, 2:05 PM

7. OK, was Luke Maye truly a UNC “walk-on” as so many stories about him now claim?

No. At one time that might have been the case, but only for his first season, and it never actually happened.

Luke Maye was not nearly as highly recruited in basketball as his father was in football in the early 1980s, but Luke was a three-star recruit who did get offered scholarships by Davidson, Charlotte and Clemson among others. But UNC was his dream school. He originally committed to the Tar Heels without the promise of a scholarship, knowing he might need to pay his way and be a “preferred walk-on” during his first season. Williams was eventually able to award him a scholarship just before Maye’s senior year at Hough ended, so Luke Maye has never actually paid for a day of college in his life.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article140952538.html#storylink=cpy

so somehow it's MY fault you linked an inaccurate article?

Mar 27, 2017, 2:10 PM

And you knew it was inaccurate, but linked it anyway? The lengths you will go to gloat would be embarrassing...if you weren't a Tarhole.

LOL

Mar 27, 2017, 2:15 PM

you are downright Trumpish

glad you caught and harped on the one inaccuracy... a minor fact in a funny and cool story

not surprisingly, you've missed the points... you should get out from under your rock more

so you're blaming ME? For inaccuracy in an article YOU

Mar 27, 2017, 2:23 PM

posted as a victory lap? Oooooh, that IS rich...Sounds like you should do a better job fact checking BEFORE you gloat huh? Maybe next time guy.

??

Mar 27, 2017, 2:29 PM

what is the obsession with 'fault' or 'blame?' are you guilt-ridden about something?

as usual i just pointed out the facts, and you just can't handle being corrected, hence the 'trumpish' descriptive

the only really salient facts are Maye hitting the shot and Laettner's funny tweet

I was just going by the facts that YOU provided, but you HAD

Mar 27, 2017, 2:43 PM

to be a jacka$$ and attempt to correct ME....I didn't write the article, take it up with Yahoo...or maybe link an accurate article next time guy....I do like that you say the ONLY salient facts are the shot and Laettner's tweet, yet you linked an article about Luke going to class anyway...But it WASN'T a Victory Lap huh?

LOL

Mar 27, 2017, 3:00 PM

dude, you have some issues

and i mean that in the nicest way possible

gotta go to class... have a nice night!

:)

just admit this didn't go as smoothly as you thought when

Mar 27, 2017, 3:04 PM

you tried to gloat by posting an article about UNC athletes ACTUALLY going to class

He walked before he shot anyway

Mar 27, 2017, 5:02 PM

took about four steps. So his classmates were applauding him for skirting the rules. It is in fact what they lear there.

au contraire

Mar 28, 2017, 8:26 AM [ in reply to just admit this didn't go as smoothly as you thought when ]

it's played out exactly as i thought... a small minority would laugh or offer some UNC support, the majority would make jokes about class... note my '21 minutes' post above; i wondered how long it would take.

i even identified the second link as hater/jokester bait

and a typical repartee where you:

- rant and rage
- ask inane questions
- refuse to accept facts
- respond to your own posts

oh, that's rich...Gloat, deflect and lie all you want***

Mar 29, 2017, 12:23 PM

would have NEVER known it was an inaccuracy if YOU hadn't

Mar 27, 2017, 2:26 PM [ in reply to LOL ]

pointed it out, so there goes that deflection huh?

so you weren't taking a victory lap because a player

Mar 27, 2017, 2:11 PM [ in reply to so you weren't taking a victory lap because a walk-on went ]

went to class? Feel better?

crickets

Mar 27, 2017, 3:04 PM

who would have thought?

You have to admit, a Dookie tweeting anything postive to a

Mar 29, 2017, 2:07 PM

smelly blue Mountain Goat is even more like cats and dogs living together than Usuck saying anything good about US.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic