Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is a Rivalry!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,675

This is a Rivalry!!!

Mar 27, 2017, 9:18 AM

You think Auburn fans pulled for Bama against us for their state AND the SEC!? H3ll no!

Its like we've been beating them down so much some of you are starting to feel some sort of pity for them. Its classy to congratulate them if they win BUT cheer for them!????? PAAALLLLEASSSS!!!!

I hope Gonzaga beats them down by 50+!!! Then they can go hang their Final 4 banner in Williams Brice Stadium for all I care.

Sorry, NO TRUE CLEMSON FAN CHEERS FOR THE COOTS!!! EVER!

FOREVER HATE THEE!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just read mind.I just posted something similar.

Mar 27, 2017, 9:21 AM

I will cut and paste.

Here is a simple concept. You are supposed to.... [1]
Posted: Mar 27, 2017 9:19 AM

pull for Clemson at all times and against the Coots at all times if you are Allin with the Tigers. It's pretty simple. WHy do you even have to ask? Why should Auburn pull for Bama? When should Ohio State pull for Michigan? The answer is never. I grew upin California and I seem to take our rivalry more seriously than some of you born and raised in South Carolina. A real USC fan would never pull for UCLA under an circumstances. The goal is always that your rival falls flat on their faces. When did this common sense die?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You just read mind.I just posted something similar.

Mar 27, 2017, 9:34 AM

As you stated, you did not grow up in South Carolina...or the South....so I can see how you would not understand.

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I undertsand rivalries. Something you do not.

Mar 27, 2017, 9:36 AM

I also lived in the state of South Carolina for 20 years. Like I said, I am a die hard sports fan and I understand rivalries. You are not a die hard and rivalries mean little to you.

Re: I undertsand rivalries. Something you do not.

Mar 27, 2017, 9:46 AM

HahahahahahahajajaajjNAjahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahah
You are OBVIOUSLY trolling....
You are a dense if you honestly think any rivalry you mentioned has anything in resemblance of Clemson and the Gamecocks. Alabama/Auburn, both have won big....USC/UCLA same...OSU/Mich.....OU/Texas....UF/FSU......all same....BIG winners. Gamecocks are NOT winners....
Clemson yes, gamecocks no.

Go Tigers!!!

Mar 27, 2017, 9:51 AM

Us true Clemson fans would like to see them continue to be losers.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2017, 10:06 AM

No, us "TRUE" Clemson MEN have family on all sides.....and are happy when family is happy/enjoying. I am certain that you and Carlsbad probably do not have that divide..(ie, not from the South)....either that, or yall are just POS.
Now, it would change a bit if they were actually winning in football....yall have a good day. I actually have things to do.

Go Tigers!!!

Not trolling. You're rambling now.

Mar 27, 2017, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: I undertsand rivalries. Something you do not. ]

There is no excuse to ever pull for the Coots. They are our rival, even if we dominate our rival. What are you rambling about?

LOL!

Mar 27, 2017, 9:35 AM

Actually Auburn rolled Toomers Corner when we beat Bama!

Exactly!******

Mar 27, 2017, 9:37 AM

Re: This is a Rivalry!!!

Mar 27, 2017, 9:40 AM

i guess it's not that i'm "pulling" for the gamecocks... but, it wouldn't kill me to see them win it.. and, honestly.. i think you nailed it.. i feel a little pity for them.. like any big brother would. and, even if the actually win the whole thing (which i doubt they will).. their championship will be as soon forgotten as their back to back baseball championships.. so, even if they do win it.. it still don't touch our football championship.. not even close.

so.. "let 'em have it" is how i feel.

Mar 27, 2017, 9:41 AM

The only way I'd pull for the chickens in anything is for them to fall flat on their face in failure. Since I've gotten older, I don't like to use the word "hate", but I highly despise the chickens! Go Zags! Kick the chickens back to the curb where they belong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

technically "rival" does not mean hated enemy

Mar 27, 2017, 9:42 AM

A true rival is someone you want to beat and who makes you better. I'm not sure the coots are really rivals to many Clemson folks. More like hated enemies.

That said, I'm torn on this Final Four. The old ACC part of me says ABC. But having the ACC hold both major sports titles has some merit. The runner in me likes Oregon. The zags have paid their dues and deserve it. I can even kind of get behind the idea that it'd be cool for the state of SC to own three national titles.

#conflicted

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The state of South Carolina is great and the Coots winning..

Mar 27, 2017, 9:48 AM

it doesn't change anything. The best thing for Clemson is that the Coots always suck or don't win national titles. I don't want any other kids or stud recruits growing up coots fans.

In all honesty, Clemson bball needs this now more than ever

Mar 27, 2017, 9:59 AM

Our national championship in football has more Gamecock fans than ever wanting to do whatever it takes to bring success to their football program. While some bandwagon fans may be jumping ship, many are giving more and supporting more because our success kills them inside.

I am glad that USC is making this run, because it adds salt to the wound that we just kept Brownell on, which sends the message to us fans that winning in basketball is not a priority to Clemson.

I would consider myself a true fan. I graduated from Clemson, played a varsity sport there short term, as well as participating and officiating in just about every intramural sport there, and attending as many as I could as a student and as many as I could being four hours away after I graduated. Then something crazy happened - I married a Gamecock graduate, and not just any, the president of the student alumni. I proposed to her at Howard's Rock after we beat FSU on Labor Day, hoping to give her a memorable experience at her first game in Death Valley. I pulled for USC on the outside, but hoped they lose on the inside. Then one day I questioned why I care more about the rivalry and the percentage of bad fans (that every fanbase has) than my own wife's happiness that I get when Clemson wins. She pulls for Clemson, as many other (usually older) fans from USC have shown support for Clemson in their football championship games. To me, nothing is wrong with showing support for another school, even our rival. We do compete for recruits, but I think the success of one program does more to push the other program than what we lose in recruiting. If anything, I would rather see us lose a handful of recruits to USC here and there than us both lose all our instate talent to big programs around the country. USC had back to back championships in baseball, but we survived and are doing well.

I have no problem with Tiger fans hating the Gamecocks - I spent most of my life as one of those and probably toed the line of being consider part of the 10% of unruly fans at times. But I also don't think it makes you any less of a Tiger fan to have life experiences that causes you to soften up on your rival or enjoy their success with friends and family.

PS - If some old fogey family man with kids told me this when I was a student, I would have probably told him to shove it and man up, so however you take this is understandable by me :)

Mar 27, 2017, 10:00 AM

Rule number 1. Never, never, never, never, never, ever pull for the dirtpeckers in anything!!!!!!!

Rule number 2. When in doubt, always refer to rule number 1!!!!!

Mar 27, 2017, 10:00 AM

I got the call, from a Huge AU guy, before our game with Bama.

He said, "Don't tell anybody but I'm pulling for you guys. That way I don't have to hear anything all year."

The man was spot onto the proper cause in this situation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not lately.***

Mar 27, 2017, 10:07 AM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,675
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic