Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Putting this basketball season in perspective
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 724

Putting this basketball season in perspective

Mar 26, 2017, 9:24 PM

For those of you losing perspective, basketball is a whole different animal than football considering match-ups and margin of error. I think if our players hadn't had so many soul crushing close ACC losses, had a little more momentum as a result, or been in a different league, that we probably would have gotten a bid, and won a game or two in the tournament. Usc has been playing well in the tournament this year, and I wasn't even aware until the first round, that they hadn't had a tournament win since 1973. However they also haven't had too many players overly hyped enough to leave in the last several seasons, and have some depth as a result this year. One also has to take in account that the SEC is not the deepest basketball league in the country, and many of the juggernaut programs in the tournament (like Villanova in the East region who lost by one basket) got knocked out early. Usc needed to get by Duke in Greenville, and props to them, they got it done.

Not knocking on Usc, quite the contrary, their defense has been impressive. And their younger players have been playing better on offense as the season has continued, and they have been riding that momentum since their big win in the second round. I'm just reminding some of you naysayers that our basketball program has been more competitive than you are giving them credit for, and they do call it March Madness for a reason. We'll just have to continue to step it up if we want to climb higher on that ACC ladder.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Putting this basketball season in perspective

Mar 26, 2017, 9:32 PM

Amen ! A REASONABLE post on this mostly UNREASONABLE board !

Re: Putting this basketball season in perspective

Mar 26, 2017, 9:39 PM

Brownell has next year to get it done. However the ACC was highly overrated this past season. Those close losses are just excuses.

Replies: 2
| visibility 724
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic