Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Man, why are all the coot fans on here pretending to be upset Tigers?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,251

Man, why are all the coot fans on here pretending to be upset Tigers?

Mar 24, 2017, 10:11 PM

Get a life. Enjoy your basketball win. We'll continue enjoying our National Championship in football. You know, the only sport that really matters.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Man, why are all the coot fans on here pretending to be upset Tigers?

Mar 24, 2017, 10:16 PM

Why doesn't basketball matter to some of you fans? I've got two Clemson national championship t shirts and wear them proudly. I love football. It's my favorite sport. That doesn't mean that I don't enjoy seeing the Tigers doing great in basketball. We can do better than Brownell. Class of 1980 All Tiger

I tolerate basketball until baseball and football season starts.

Mar 24, 2017, 10:21 PM

It falls even further down the list of things I care about each year that passes. College basketball just isn't a good product right now. They have a lot of things they need to get fixed.

Per ESPN-Football makes up EIGHTY % of TV contract,

Mar 24, 2017, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Man, why are all the coot fans on here pretending to be upset Tigers? ]

with BKB,BSB and all the other sports making up the other 20%. Looks like what's most important has already been decided.

Re: Man, why are all the coot fans on here pretending to be upset Tigers?

Mar 24, 2017, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Man, why are all the coot fans on here pretending to be upset Tigers? ]

It dosn't matter to me because I don't care for it. That said, I don't recall ever going on to the basketball board and declaring my disdain for the hoops or the Ballers. Picking up what I'm putting down?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Basketball matters big time. The things are though,

Mar 24, 2017, 10:20 PM

our program has sucked, but USCjr still won't win it all. College basketball is huge though. It's the number 2 college sport without a close second. Obviously college football is by far the biggest though.

Re: Basketball matters big time. The things are though,

Mar 24, 2017, 10:25 PM

At more school, College Basketball is #1.

Not only do more schools play basketball than football (351 Division 1 basketball schools vs. 120 football)

more schools take basketball more seriously and prefer it to football (Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Indiana, Kansas, Wake, State, UCLA, the Entire Big East, and most of the American Conference.

Mar 24, 2017, 10:35 PM

Do both well!

there is no doubt that college football is more popular

Mar 24, 2017, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Basketball matters big time. The things are though, ]

And it's not even close. You can continue to try and convince yourself otherwise but that's not going to change the truth.

Would I like for Clemson to be better in basketball? Of course. It would help football season get here sooner. Im not going to lose sleep over it though. It's a crappy product compared to what it used be. I used to watch the tournament every year, but I haven't watched a single game this year. It's just not what it used to be.

Good for the coots though. They need something to be happy about since the sport they really care about is horrible.

Re: there is no doubt that college football is more popular

Mar 24, 2017, 10:41 PM

We spent 65 million dollars on a renovation of Littlejohn. I think it matters.

Nah

Mar 24, 2017, 10:44 PM

If it mattered Brownell would have been fired long before this year. Im not a fire Brownell guy but do you think a program with commitment to basketball would have put up with our lack of success over the past several years? No chance.

Re: Nah

Mar 24, 2017, 11:16 PM

No they wouldn't.

Mar 24, 2017, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Basketball matters big time. The things are though, ]

Would love to be where they are right now I remember when we where in the final eight I played with Larry Nance in highschool and I thought they could go all the way that year .

Mar 24, 2017, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Basketball matters big time. The things are though, ]

I agree. College football is the biggest sport and pays the bills. There are 117 major college football teams. Only 4 teams can make the playoffs. We did this for two straight years winning the whole thing last January. That's way bigger than what the chickens have done in basketball. Basketball has a 68 team field. I'll take football any day. Having said that, there is no reason that the Tigers can field a basketball team that competes in the NCAA tournament if the administration gets behind the program. Keeping a coach who can't get you there in seven years is not showing a concern for basketball by Drad. Our ad won't even come out and face the music for his decision.

agreed

Mar 24, 2017, 10:40 PM

But we have zero commitment to basketball. If we did we wouldn't have sucked for basically our entire history. Sure, we've had a few good runs but no reason we shouldn't have won an ACC tournament by now.

We all know what the golden goose is around here. If sweeping basketball under the rug is what it takes to continue to make football successful then I say where's the broom?

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,251
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic