Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OMG..just rewatched Dion Cain's 43 yd run with 6+ min to go
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

OMG..just rewatched Dion Cain's 43 yd run with 6+ min to go

Mar 23, 2017, 11:29 PM

in 1st half, Tigs down 0-14, and it sets Tigers up in red zone and DW4 takes it in later for that beautiful sideline tip-toeing run for 6 pts, with Gallman doing some nifty blocking..and Clemson has its first score with 1st half about over..but this gets us back within one score at half.

Hats off to Cain! Gut eR Done Man!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

anybody else wonder why he didn't cut back at the end?***

Mar 23, 2017, 11:35 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the damage was done, he was tired and wanted to finish on

Mar 24, 2017, 12:05 AM

his feet

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: anybody else wonder why he didn't cut back at the end?***

Mar 24, 2017, 2:02 AM [ in reply to anybody else wonder why he didn't cut back at the end?*** ]

No. I think it worked out ok

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OMG..just rewatched Dion Cain's 43 yd run with 6+ min to go

Mar 23, 2017, 11:40 PM

I posted a few days after the Nat, that this was the play that told me that Cain was going to be in Williams role this year- and be the next 1,000 yd receiver for Clemson. It's plays like that, that Williams did on slants, somewhat of a TE play, then running a route for 43 yds. One mistake in my OP back then, I stated that this play happened in the 3rd quarter. Either way, Cain uses his body like Williams does, can block out defenders and He is faster than most think. Oh yea, Cain has hops too.

Mar 23, 2017, 11:58 PM

"...that Cain was going to be in Williams role this year..."

I have no doubt about Cain's talent, but DW4 is NOT throwing to Cain this year, so I don't expect our WR's to be quite as successful as last year. I hope I'm wrong, but someone will have to seriously step up at QB.

Mar 24, 2017, 12:30 AM

StreakingTiger, I hear ya. No doubt the QB situation will have to be worked out, but I have confidence it will. The playmaker will arise, it's just a matter of time to show Swinney & Co. It's going to be an interesting start, just like many know. However, common sense tells you that if your QB can't throw the deep ball and make his reads, then it's the next 4 or 5 QB star " man up ".
Don't get me wrong, I am concerned as you are, but there's just too much talent at that position to be mediocre and Swinney be okay with it. We have some of the best coaches in the nation, as well as HC. Dabo wants to win, it's a new year. Never been in a situation where 2 guys behind his starter were better downfield passers ( at this point ) that I can remember. There was only one Cole Stoudt.
Let's hope, that winning the ACC is still on the docket, at all costs, even playing a QB in rotation for first game or so to get their feet wet before Auburn. We'll know more after Spring Game, and then further in the fall. May the best man win, and win for the Tigers. That will have to be the mentality going in, and I think it is.

Deon. ??***

Mar 24, 2017, 5:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic