Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is what makes Dabo Special
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,985

This is what makes Dabo Special

Mar 23, 2017, 9:33 AM

He is driven to win but it doesn't let it define him. I have only spoken with Dabo a couple of times before and after he became a head coach and he has always been the same down to earth, friendly and truly genuine guy. I hope to get the opportunity to talk with him now that he has won a national championship, but something tells me not much has changed.

From ESPN:

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney told me a few things have changed since he won a national title. There's the obvious -- more mail, more phone calls, more interview requests, more things to sign (including a cast that was cut off and mailed to him). But he said he is still trying to keep his life "simple." He is coaching his 13-yr-old's baseball team for the seventh year, cleaning out his garage and attic, and taking his family to the beach today. The difference in his team? "A true belief and confidence in golly, we can do it." He said he has never measured his own success by winning a national title. It wasn't a goal, he said -- it was a byproduct of their other goals.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

BEST is the Standard!***

Mar 23, 2017, 9:39 AM

Dabo's confidence and example has helped eveyday folks.

Mar 23, 2017, 9:55 AM

His upbeat demeanor reaches far past the gridiron. We need our elected leaders to take note of his example ! He really needs to write a book about surviving with grace.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo's confidence and example has helped eveyday folks.

Mar 23, 2017, 1:55 PM

If only it were that easy. Unfortunately, as evidence by this board, no one was electing Dabo when he took over as head coach. Too often you have to step on others to get to the top. Dabo did things the right way, worked hard, and when he was given his opportunity he took advantage of it.

null

Re: This is what makes Dabo Special

Mar 23, 2017, 10:05 AM

he is great in a room of people. I've never seen a guy more comfortable in who he is

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2017, 10:59 AM

Good post. Thanks- well said.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2017, 12:01 PM

yep...he's a heck of a cheerleader!!! ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the Lamecocks hope we keep him forever!

Mar 23, 2017, 12:51 PM

Well, maybe not so much now that 5 in a row is a fading memory, soon to be replaced by our own 5+ in a row.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,985
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic