Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The college years, Ages 18-22 (23 for some people)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

The college years, Ages 18-22 (23 for some people)

Mar 23, 2017, 9:09 AM

How good were they for you? I had a great time for these 5 years of my life at Clemson, but if I could go back, I would definitely change a lot of things. If I only knew then what I know now. Did any of you guys (or girls) do fraternities or sororities? I did my fair share of booze and partying, but I left Clemson without one critical thing, I left without finding a girl to be my wife, while I was in college. I happily have s serious girlfriend now, but always wondered how people seemed to be right for each other at that age in college. I was too busy worrying about what was going on that night, and having a social life. The football games were awesome, as Whitehurst went 4-0 at one point during my time there against scar. "The Brawl" took place in 2004 during the beginning of my jjunior year, and that is something I will never forgot and always say I witnessed. Overall it was a good time at Clemson, and I would love to go back and re-live those days, even tho I know that's not possible. What are some of your fondest memories from "the college years?"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The college years, Ages 18-22 (23 for some people)

Mar 23, 2017, 9:13 AM

If I could do it again I would say fuq the citadel and would have finished my CU application and had gone to Clemson...even though I started dating my wife during college (she went to cofc). We knew each other before college so there still could have been some sort of connection.

or i could have found some clemzin wimmens

You better delete that post! or at least the last line. :)***

Mar 23, 2017, 9:21 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had a friend from high school that went The Citadel

Mar 23, 2017, 9:50 AM

He always respected Clemson too. Must be some kind of connection, and that's a good thing.

Re: Had a friend from high school that went The Citadel

Mar 23, 2017, 9:53 AM

No connection at all...there are plenty of coots as well. It's all about growing up in SC...you are either a fan of Clemson or USCjr but can still go elsewhere like the citadel, cofc, furman, etc

I actually had a sociology professor recommend.......

Mar 23, 2017, 10:27 AM

exactly what you speak of. His recommendation was to find the one we would marry while at Clemson. He told us we would never be in the company of so many of the opposite sex, in same age group, with so much in common. Reflecting back over the years he was exactly correct.

But, I didn't pay him any mind and lived single for many many years. Everything works out for the best though, I am finally married to a young hottie and we have a great time......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was a sociology major. What professor?***

Mar 23, 2017, 10:45 AM

I don't remember his name......

Mar 23, 2017, 12:02 PM

Younger than most professors, curly hair and built houses in summer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2017, 10:49 AM

Recent clemson grad here. Took part in a fraternity and had an amazing time. As far as finding a girl to marry, I found at clemson there are 2 sides to the spectrum. You'll have people who find their future husband/wife at clemson (pretty common) and they'll get married very young, I'm talking right out of college or a year after. And then other the end of the spectrum you'll have people who have no intention of getting married until late in their 20's and they just enjoy the time they have at clemson without a worry. I chose the latter but I developed the best friendships bc of that decision

Mar 23, 2017, 11:28 AM

it was 24 for me, but that included grad school. everyone is different as far as finding a mate goes. I found the perfect one over 10 years after college. there are things that I would do differently in hindsight, as is the case with most people. biggest one for me is that I should have dumped that certifiably insane girlfriend that consumed the better part of 2 years after the first month. sometimes I wonder if the mother ship ever returned to pick her up and take her home.

Mar 23, 2017, 12:10 PM

Never really had a girlfriend in college. Ended up marrying a New York girl (Michigan State grad) years later. Divorced. Reconnected with a girl I knew at Clemson and ended up marrying her. How lucky was that?

At the age of 23 or even 25, you don't even know who you are

Mar 23, 2017, 12:11 PM

Insane to me to think about people who live by a timeline. The best years of my life are post Clemson, in Charleston. 30-40 has been an amazing time! Although I did love living in Clemson, life just started there for me.

Re: At the age of 23 or even 25, you don't even know who you are

Mar 23, 2017, 6:32 PM

You are right. 30-33 has been better than 22-27 ever was, for me, at least.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic