Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hope CBB gives old Crean a call and brings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,240

Hope CBB gives old Crean a call and brings

Mar 22, 2017, 9:14 PM

Him on as a program consultant while Crean looks for his next gig. Dude definitely knows how to put a winning foundation under a program.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that's a great idea---

Mar 22, 2017, 9:25 PM

I was surprised to discover Perry Clark was on Martin's staff at usuck....Clark's proven himself a better HC in years past than Martin has shown me thus far and I suspect is probably directly responsible for this little chicken run in the NCAAT after a miserable last month of the regular season

If, indeed, Mr. Radakovich advised Coach Brownell to make staff changes, Crean would be a good start

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, but I have zero confidence that Clemson would ever

Mar 22, 2017, 10:07 PM

do something that proactive for basketball. Sad but true.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Would look to much like you're bringing your

Mar 22, 2017, 10:45 PM

replacement in. Need a guy that's retired for something like that. We're not going to do something like this, but a guy like Cremins would be a good person to get input from. Terry Holland. Guys who have taken over poor ACC programs and built winners

I would be elated with any of those.***

Mar 22, 2017, 10:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I think we could benefit from some outside eyes

Mar 22, 2017, 10:54 PM

not just looking at the team, but the situation and program as a whole. In the P&C interview posted in another thread with DRad he mentions Brad had some thoughts on changes that needed to be made. I think something like this could be beneficial. Might be something Brad could reach out to Cliff about. He and Cliff are close and Cliff coached against guys like that many years

I like all of the above ideas.***

Mar 22, 2017, 10:57 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I am not surprised that Brownell had some ideas and suggestions.

Mar 22, 2017, 10:59 PM [ in reply to I think we could benefit from some outside eyes ]

Hopefully he has the AD's full support to bring those ideas to fruition. I am optimistic that for the first time ever, we have an AD who wants to see basketball succeed and will do what it takes for that to happen.

I'll give you a name to watch for

Mar 22, 2017, 11:08 PM

Jerry Wainwright. Was Brad's mentor at UNCW. Brad took over for him when he went to die in what has become a coaches graveyard at DePaul. Maybe not on staff, but involved.

OP had a veteran coach in Ron Bradley beside him here when he had his good run. Sometimes having a guy who has called the shots a long time beside you is a benefit.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,240
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic