Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Odds Dakereon Joyner plays QB vs DB for the Coots
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Odds Dakereon Joyner plays QB vs DB for the Coots

Mar 6, 2017, 11:06 AM

CU recruited as a DB and not a QB and was honest in doing so.

http://247sports.com/Player/Dakereon-Joyner-77309

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Odds Dakereon Joyner plays QB vs DB for the Coots

Mar 6, 2017, 11:14 AM

Clemson recruited him as an athlete. They like him as a WR but was willing to give him a chance at QB.

Mar 6, 2017, 11:51 AM

Guess it depends if you think he is better than Bentley or not. Wouldn't be hard for him to start at sc.

He probably never starts at qb if he goes to Clemson. Great athlete but not a great qb

Mar 6, 2017, 1:28 PM

Idk what film you viewed, but he's a pretty good QB.

Mar 6, 2017, 1:51 PM

In the right system he could be good. Ala Lamar Jackson. Like Lamar he is a great athlete playing the qb position but not necessarily the greatest qb.

Not a knock on him just my opinion

I think he's going to be like Chris Culliver--we offered

Mar 6, 2017, 12:44 PM

Culliver as DB, he wanted to play WR. Coots let him play WR so he signed, ended up playing his last 3 years at DB...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Culliver looked just like this largemouth I caught Sunday

Mar 7, 2017, 4:08 AM

afternoon. Yep, he swallowed a creature bait so deep , I just had to cut it off instead of pulling the hook out. Only 5* receiver in history to have 2, yep TeeDubyaOhhh, receptions his freshman year. TWO!!!And I believe they were both behind the line of scrimmage......I remember when they interviewed his high school coach and said, "Coach, Culliver is a 5* receiver and you played him on defense all year?". Coach said," Yep, I must be pretty stupid"....

Mar 6, 2017, 1:21 PM

QB @ VT or Oregon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think he ends up a coot.

Mar 6, 2017, 1:33 PM

If he wanted to be a coot he would've committed already.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: I don't think he ends up a coot.

Mar 6, 2017, 1:38 PM

I'm thinking he goes to Virginia Tech -- although I think they may have a JC transfer trying for that spot too ??

Any athletic, dual threat QB would be crazy to go there

Mar 6, 2017, 1:49 PM

Their recent track record with retaining and developing athletic QBs is horrendous (Nosovitch, Nunez , Mcilwain).

Maybe he should've graduated "early" as a 19 year old

Mar 6, 2017, 1:50 PM

HS junior and then he'd be the next coming.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Mar 6, 2017, 11:40 PM

I don't know a ton about his situation, but heard that VT got a QB commit so they were out. That said, I also heard Oregon had interestablished in him. Now, if I'm him I look at Taggerts history at development of a QB. Kid at South Florida had a monster season. Going to Oregon is far, but I also read somewhere he's not tied to being close, maybe others have more info on that.
Flip side to that. Look as Booms track record with QBs. Driscoll transferred and balled put at LA Tech I think it was. Brissett transferred to NC State and did well. Yet both were horrible while under Bewms umm tutelage. Throw in how SC is already turning into QB transfer U last two seasons.
And one last thing.. i will just go ahead and say it. Brandon Mac left. Nunez left. Is it just me, or has SC done very little to embrace or have a Black Guy play QB? Best player sgoyld always play, for sure but I honestly can't think of any other than Anthony Wright, Pinkins, and Newton (part timer), all mostly under Holtz. Past that, their seems to have been very few. While the Coots love to point out the CU and Tillman Ancient History, if i was a young ball player who happened to be African American, I would give that some thought as well. In all these years, they have not had one you can point to there.. in 2017, that seems a bit odd.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2017, 5:12 AM

I think he goes to Va Tech

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Ensee State***

Mar 7, 2017, 6:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2017, 6:35 AM

I think he goes to Va Tech

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

he's gonna be a QB somewhere

Mar 7, 2017, 7:21 AM

probably a better school than sc. he's a good player who really wanted to be the qb here and several years back we would've done cartwheels signing a guy like him. just bad timing I guess. va tech makes a lot of sense for him. I just hope it's not the gamecocks or Louisville for his sake lol

I hope he goes some place where we don't have to face him!

Mar 7, 2017, 8:17 AM

Honestly, if we hadn't gotten the committment from Trevor Lawrence, Joyner would have already committed to Clemson and we'd be overjoyed to have him as a QB.

He can be the starting QB at a ton of places and he knows it. Clemson is just not one of those places right now.

He'll be a good one and I hope it's Oregon and not SCAR, NC State of Va Tech.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic