Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting Update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Recruiting Update

Feb 28, 2017, 8:29 AM

Fast rising 2018 LB Payton Wilson (6-2 225) of Hillsborough, NC gave a final seven recently of Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, North Carolina, Ohio State, Penn State and Virginia Tech. He plans to see Ohio State soon and is scheduled to be in Clemson for junior day.

DE Xavier Thomas has announced he'll see scar on Thursday, Georgia and Tennessee on Friday and Wake and Clemson on Saturday, per his Twitter account.

2018 DT Darnell Jeffries (6-3 265) of Covington, GA will be in Clemson for junior day. Jeffries was in Tuscaloosa last weekend to see Alabama and received an offer. He is rated as a three-star recruit by most services but that will change now that Bama has offered.

One of the top DTs in this class appears to be close to making his decision. IMG Academy's Taron Vincent said his recruitment is essentially down to Ohio State and Florida State. “Once I visit Ohio State with my mom and dad, I should be getting ready to make my decision.” Vincent saw Florida State last weekend and was in Clemson a few weeks back.

RB Zamir White was in Georgia two out of three Saturdays in February and Alabama has mentioned they expect to see for their annual junior day but all indications are that he'll be in Chapel Hill. This is the same day of Clemson's annual junior day.

Stephon Wynn Jr. update- “Currently, I’m still getting offers, but time is winding down,” Wynn said. “I’ll make the decision sometime before summer is over with, but I still want to take my official visits. If I can’t take my official visits after I make my decision, then I’ll take my official visits, then make my decision."

2018 DT Aeneas Hawkins said he plans to announce on May 10th. Hawkins plans to visit Cincinnati, Penn State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Clemson and Alabama. He attended last year's spring game but all indications point to Penn State or Ohio State.

Penn State hosted Clemson OT prospect Nana Asiedu this weekend. Afterwards, it was reported that the Nittany Lions are now his leader.

Four-star LB Dax Hollifield listed a Top 9 recenlty and Clemson did not appear on the list.

Top rated 2018 LB Teradja Mitchell visited Alabama and Auburn last weekend. He recently called LSU his "dream school." Mitchell has mentioned a visit to Clemson some time this spring.

Five-star 2019 LB Owen Pappoe is among those expected to visit Clemson for junior day. The rising star has been on campus numerous times and was on hand for this years Louisville game. Clemson appears to be in good standing with him.

Another 2019 prospect expected to be at Clemson's junior day is WR DeMarcco Hellams (6-1 185) of Hyattsville, MD.

2019 LB Anthony Solomon will be on campus at some point this March, per his Twitter account. Michigan, whom he recently visited, is currently leading for his services.

Chapin, SC lineman Hank Manos (6-4 275) will attend Clemson junior day. Manos recently visited scar.

One 2018 lineman planning on making it to Clemson's junior day is Jovaughn Gwyn (6-3 280) of Charlotte, NC. Gwyn holds offers from NC State, Duke, scar, Coastal and Wake Forest; where he recently visited.

2019 prospect Chris Hinton Jr. (6-4 265) noted that his early favorites are Clemson, Georgia, Michigan and North Carolina. He mentioned that he'll check out Clemson during spring break with both his parents. Hinton is capable of playing offensive and defensive line and it is not yet clear which position will best suit him at the next level. His father played in the NFL and both his parents are Northwestern alums. Keep an eye on this kid.

2019 Five-star guard Keiondre Jones (6-3 285) is one of the top prospects in his class and will be making another trip to Clemson for junior day. Jones visited Clemson for the 2016 NC State game in which he called, "the best in-game visit so far." Georgia may lead but Clemson is still in his top group.

Another 2019 prospect to know is safety Kenyatta Watson (6-2 180) from Grayson high school in Loganville, GA. He currently doesn't hold an offer from Clemson but that could change at anytime. Watson was in Clemson for the NC State game and it made quite an impression on him. “They kept fighting, never quit! Awesome to see.” Watson said.

Highly rated 2019 LB Charles Thomas (6-0 210) of IMG Academy was in Clemson this past fall and plans to return soon to see the new football facility. He was offered by the Clemson staff in June of 2016 and said the offer was, "like a dream." After attending a game Thomas stated, “It was beautiful. My whole family liked it."

WR Jashawn Sheffield (6-2 175) of St. Simons Island, GA is one of the top prospects in his class (2019) and could be the top wide receiver. Recruiter Danny Pearman stopped by his school in early January 2017 and Sheffield already holds an offer from Clemson. “Clemson is definitely in my top three,” he said. “I love Coach (Jeff) Scott and have a good relationship with him. Clemson is right there, along with Georgia and Ohio St. Clemson treats me like family whenever I am up there, like I already go there. Coach Scott has kept it real with me, and I respect him a lot.”

2019 Five-star lineman Jacob Lacey (6-2 290) of Bowling Green, KY is expected to return to Clemson this spring after attending this year's Louisville game. It may be early but the Cardinals may be the team to beat for his services.

2018 offensive tackle Pierce Quick (6-4 285)of Trussville, AL will be at Clemson's junior day. His recruitment is picking up steadily as he's recently added offers from Auburn and Tennessee.

Former Clemson RB Tyshon Dye visited Miami last weekend.

In other news:
Fort Dorchester QB Dakereon Joyner says he's moved on from Clemson and doesn't speak to Louisville anymore. He's visited NC State and Virginia Tech lately and wants to check out Oregon and Georgia.

A number of Clemson prospects were in Tallahasse for their annual junior day including WR Jacob Copeland, OT William Barnes, OG Trey Hill, DT Taron Vincent, DE Justin Mascoll, DB Asante Samuel Jr. and DB Tristan Tutt. Underrated QB Michael Penix was on hand as well.

Clemson TE target Mustapha Muhammad was in Austin this weekend to see the Longhorns. Texas was able to flip long time FSU commit Justin Watkins- who at one point was down to Clemson and the Noles.

DB prospect DeMarvion Overshown also attended Texas junior day and said, "It was amazing. Texas really stands out. They're near the top of my list."

2018 Clemson prospect DB Atanza Vongor from Texas has given a Top 3 of Baylor, Texas and TCU. He'll be making a decision soon.

North Carolina could be one of two finalist for the services of LSU QB transfer Brandon Harris. He hinted that he knows his two finalist but will still shop around. As a graduate transfer, Harris will be eligible immediately.

Miami landed a huge commitment from 4-star QB Artur Sitkowski who is rated the number five propsect at his position by 247sports.com.

Alabama linebacker Rashaan Evans made a bold prediction to CampusInsider.com as he promised to win the Butkus Award this season. Last season, Evans tallied 53 tackles, 4.5 tackles for a loss and four sacks.

Take a picture of it- BYU and KANSAS (yes, Kansas) currently have Top Ten ranked football classes.
http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting Update- I wish this had a few

Feb 28, 2017, 8:39 AM

more posts about Nana. Good grief.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty ambitious schedule for XT...

Feb 28, 2017, 8:48 AM

"Xavier Thomas has announced he'll see scar on Thursday, Georgia and Tennessee on Friday and Wake and Clemson on Saturday, per his Twitter account."

Athens and Knoxville are 4 hours apart. Clemson and Winston-Salem are approx. three hours apart. Guess he's only going to be at each location for a couple of hours?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Pretty ambitious schedule for XT...

Feb 28, 2017, 8:53 AM

I thought the same. Wondering if it's one of those team visit type of deals. But he did say that "mom and auntie will be in Columbia" with him....

It's the IMG bus tour. So it'll be quick and shallow

Feb 28, 2017, 9:27 AM

It will still be good to have him, and other IMG prospects, on our campus last. The IMG guys probably did this on purpose because they like us over all the other schools on this tour.

Snowflake Basher........Out

IMG bus? Is that anything like the

Feb 28, 2017, 9:35 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2017, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty ambitious schedule for XT... ]

+1 on the picture of ridding your vehicle of coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2017, 11:13 AM

I love it bc it is so true!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2017, 10:25 PM

That it is!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMG Bus Trip

Feb 28, 2017, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Pretty ambitious schedule for XT... ]

http://tinyurl.com/IMGBusTrip

any idea who from IMG will be attending? I like the idea of Mike Jones in XT's ear for the 32 hour bus ride. lots of time for them to laugh about their first stop. I assume the itinerary will break down something like this

leave IMG: Thursday morning 7am
arrive SCar: Thursday afternoon 1pm
leave SCar: Thursday night 7pm
arrive UGA: Thursday night 10pm
leave UGA: Friday afternoon noon
arrive Tenn: Friday afternoon 4pm
leave Tenn: Friday night 8pm
arrive Wake: Saturday morning midnight
leave Wake: Saturday afternoon noon
arrive Clemson: Saturday afternoon 3pm

that gives us the full afternoon Saturday with the IMG crew. they'll most likely leave from Clemson and drive straight through the night so we should easily have 5+ hours with them on campus

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting Update

Feb 28, 2017, 9:31 AM

So basically we're not getting XT or ZW. great 2018 class is already imploding.

Feb 28, 2017, 9:34 AM

Its February!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Feb 28, 2017, 9:36 AM

I'm over reacting

Feb 28, 2017, 9:44 AM

Maybe so. Time will tell, but lately we seem to be getting a pretty impressive group of signees that fill our needs. Lots of drama left to play out with these youngsters.

you never want to peak to early***

Feb 28, 2017, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting Update ]

Feb 28, 2017, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting Update ]

How many months away before the 2018 signing day. Until the signing day dead line has passed, we still have a chance with everyone we're after. Everybody was sure that CJ Spiller was a lock to FSU, and he played 4 full years at Clemson!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2017, 10:27 PM

You and I have much in common when it comes to Clemson opinions. We both seem to be wise beyond our years. +1

Feb 28, 2017, 10:28 AM

So is this a case of we too deep hurting us on the 5* ? I am sure the others are singing that Clemson is too deep. They will tell them what they want to her. Plus the SEC $ machine.

You would think that they would be knocking on Dabo's door. I dislike that we have such a small class. I will be hard to just wait on the elite to make decisions and have to taken just anybody as the last minute.

We built it. And they will come.

Feb 28, 2017, 12:40 PM

If you think we're in on some 5* 2018 studs just wait til the 2019 big board pops up. I'd expect we're gonna see some real studs here for CDS Camp this year; some of the most elite in the country.

Feb 28, 2017, 11:10 AM

The Goat is awesome, and I would much rather have to feed the Goat than the coot!!! The Goat would fertilize my grass bc they survive from eating vegetation, and the coot would kill my grass bc they eat each other!!!

Feb 28, 2017, 11:19 AM

Thank you

Feb 28, 2017, 11:22 AM

Thanks Bry. Let us know how it's all looking in December.??

Sure thing. I'll try to do this monthly.

Feb 28, 2017, 12:30 PM

But feel free to hit me up any time. Appreciate the interest.

^^^quite familiar with monthly

Feb 28, 2017, 12:46 PM

cycles

Feb 28, 2017, 11:38 AM

Thanks TigerBry; always enjoy your updates. Great information. +1

Thanks buddy.

Feb 28, 2017, 12:33 PM

It helps pass the down time, for sure cause Clemson hoops you know...

Re: Thanks buddy.

Feb 28, 2017, 1:24 PM

I live near Shelby and everyone seems to think Hollifield is headed to Va Tech. I think Clemson backed off or something happened to the relationship.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2017, 2:11 PM

I think we probably had Mike Jones Jr. higher on the board than Dax and wanted one of the two. Then we landed Mike and it would appear we've only got two high priority LB targets left as of now. But that could change. There is one from Spring Valley we're evaluating and a few others but really there's only those two left. I would lose my mind if we actually got Teradja Mitchell. He's currently the #8 prospect in my Top 218.

Feb 28, 2017, 4:20 PM

Where does one find this mythical Top 218?

I'll TMail it to you***

Feb 28, 2017, 4:36 PM

I'd be interested as well

Feb 28, 2017, 5:26 PM

TIA in advance

You got it. Check your mailbox.***

Feb 28, 2017, 5:44 PM

Is it bad that I like your GIFs just as much as your scouting reports?

Mar 2, 2017, 1:08 AM

Seriously, the cat one almost killed me ????

who jumps on the Tiger train next?***

Feb 28, 2017, 4:36 PM

If I had to guess,

Feb 28, 2017, 5:19 PM

I'd say the coots probably get a 2* recruit soon.

Re: If I had to guess,

Feb 28, 2017, 9:49 PM

I would love to see an orange Tiger Paw right between that animals eyes to show that animal with the coot sticker on her face that he is Tiger, and not a egg laying chicken!!!

Feb 28, 2017, 6:32 PM

So it's not looking good for us to land Thomas or White is what I am seeing out of this?

just a pessimist or do we read different?

Feb 28, 2017, 6:43 PM

regarding Xavier Thomas

Re: just a pessimist or do we read different?

Feb 28, 2017, 9:50 PM

I would bet on it!!!

I wouldn't study it too much

Feb 28, 2017, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting Update ]

It's either us or carowhina for Thomas, pretty much. And I believe it's 50/50.

With Zamir White, I think he's just looking around with UGA, Bama and Clemson in the running. We stand just as much a chance to land him as the other two schools, IMO. There's a long ways to go before the ink meets the paper.

Feb 28, 2017, 8:15 PM

I NEVER get tired of this video clip!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2017, 8:20 PM

Thanks TigerBry for a great update.
Seems like the state of Texas is not panning out for us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2017, 9:40 PM

Most teenage boyz do not want to be that far away from their mommy!!!! Plus they want to be close enough for their families to be able to see them play and become a college FB star!!!

Mar 1, 2017, 8:18 AM

Thanks for the update Bry, but ugh.....I wish the news was a little different.

I know 2018 signing day is far away, but man, we are in for a dogfight.

XT - despite what our Internet warriors say, we want and need him. I think we get him.

Zamir - think he's gone. Just like how all the intangibles helped bring Trevor Lawrence to us, they will push Zeus to the Dawgs.

Nana and Teradja - I really thought we were in the driver's seat for these two, and now it looks like we are in the back seat.

Buckle up gents. Let's get some of these guys on board....

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic