Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IF we even make the NIT... some interesting rule changes...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

IF we even make the NIT... some interesting rule changes...

Feb 27, 2017, 2:15 PM

The NCAA is trying out some new rules to speed up college basketball during the 2017 NIT. The biggest one has team fouls resetting 10 minutes into each half as a way to combat games being turned into free throw shooting contests when both teams are in the double bonus.

Resetting team fouls has been the biggest argument for men’s college basketball moving from two halves to four quarters. Women’s college basketball recently made the switch to quarters, leaving the men’s college game as the last bastion of the two halves format. This experiment is a workaround to keep the game at two halves while still getting the benefits of a four-quarter system.

The NCAA also announced that the NIT will experiment with the shot clock resetting to 20 seconds instead of 30 seconds when the ball is inbounded in the front court.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IF we even make the NIT... some interesting rule changes...

Feb 27, 2017, 2:33 PM

Men's game MUST go to 4 quarters soon, I mean come on.....basketball at EVERY level is 4 quarters, why not men's college ball

The reset at 10 minutes should help us, right?

Feb 27, 2017, 3:20 PM

I mean, leet's face it... we aren't the best free throw shooting team in the last 5...10... heck maybe forever.... years....

So maybe it give us less opportunities to go to the line and miss????

how about cut out the 16/12/8/4 minute time outs?

Feb 27, 2017, 3:58 PM

there are 8 "automatic" timeouts every game, plus the 4 each team gets. That's 16 timeouts in 40 minutes of game time. That's a commercial break for every 2.5 minutes of game time even if there was not a single foul called in the game (plus not counting halftime).

Pretty sad that you can't play 40 minutes of basketball in a 120-minute (2-hour) window. That's 80 minutes of NON-action.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IF we even make the NIT... some interesting rule changes...

Feb 27, 2017, 4:07 PM

How many fouls result in a 1and1 or double bonus inside the last 10 minutes with these new rules?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic