Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What more do we need to see? I can't imagine any scenario
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,007

What more do we need to see? I can't imagine any scenario

Feb 25, 2017, 3:02 PM

in which Brownell is retained after the season while maintaining any sense of pride and integrity in the Clemson basketball program.

There have been (or will have been) no NCAA tournament appearances in 6 years.

After one year of maintaining the previous level of success, the program took a downturn and has stayed there for six years with absolutely ZERO improvement. The program has literally flat-lined.

This was supposed to be the year that finally got us over the hump, with Blossomgame and our top 3 scorers, and 6 of our top 8 scorers returning, not to mention highly regarded newcomers Reed and Mitchell joining the team, each with a year of success at the major college level and a year of practicing in Brownell's system. This was supposed to be THE year, but it wasn't.

I honestly believe Brad Brownell is a great guy, and embodies all of the values that make Clemson unique and great. I think he is a great fit and in that way will always be a Clemson man. He just gets it. That's why I think he knows good and well he has not gotten the job done, sees the writing on the wall, and instead of milking us for another year, he does the right thing here. If not, if I'm wrong about coach Brownell, then the only option is for DRad to lower the boom. The buyout, while nothing to sneeze at, pales in comparison to the damage another year like the last six will do long term to the program. Our next coach is going to have to dig us out of a hole by creating a new perception of Clemson basketball in the eyes of recruits, and delaying that by another year only further ingrains the impression of Clemson as irrelevant and likely sets us back more than the one year we would have wasted. If DRad doesn't pull the trigger under those circumstances, then I don't know how he could show his face in the basketball arena he just spent $63 million on.

Clemson basketball can, and should expect to be better than this.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: What more do we need to see? I can't imagine any scenario

Feb 25, 2017, 3:24 PM

Yep, probably will win the last two games because they are bad teams playing here in NCST and BC, but that will be it We need new blood

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing*****

Feb 25, 2017, 3:24 PM

prepare for maintaining a sense of humility next year.

Feb 25, 2017, 3:49 PM

DRad isn't firing BRad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Probably true, but I'm not sure what Drad has ever done to

Feb 25, 2017, 4:08 PM

solidify his stay. The football program was up and running great when Drad got here. I think the Littlejohn remodel has been a disappointment, the contract he gave Brownell is looking as bad as the one Hewitt had under Drad at Georgia Tech. Soccer was already established. He did hire Monte Lee and I guess that will be a good hire. Hard to argue with a conference championship in year one, but so far this year the baseball team is meh, at best.

Everybody and all of us are just darn lucky a guy named Dabo Swinney happened our way, not to mention Deshaun Watson. Still, I think we've beaten the coots in football, basketball, soccer, and last year won the series in baseball. But the basketball season is just a long embarrassing season for Clemson year in and year out.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,007
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic