Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wonder if any of our recent games will top this...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,193

I wonder if any of our recent games will top this...

Feb 24, 2017, 10:58 AM

most likely vs Bama, FSU, Ohio St.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Re: I wonder if any of our recent games will top this...

Feb 24, 2017, 10:59 AM

Maybe 2013 vs FSU. They were loaded with talent.

but def our NCG this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know... 38 total... that's 19 players from each team.

Feb 24, 2017, 11:33 AM

Pretty freakin incredible when you think about it. Will 19 Tigers from this team play in the NFL??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know... 38 total... that's 19 players from each team.

Feb 24, 2017, 11:36 AM

I think the answer is yes if talking about the entire team. On DL alone you've got at least 8 Sunday ballers coming up through the ranks

maybe, that seems like a bit of a stretch that we had 8 DL

Feb 24, 2017, 12:09 PM

play in the title game that will play in the NFL. We'll see. Even if that is the case, you still have to find 11 more NFL players on our team, plus Bama has to have 19 too.

Also, keep in mind, that's 38 guys that PLAYED in the NFL... not "drafted in the 7th round and didn't make it past the first cut at camp". I'm tellin ya, 38 is tough to beat.

Re: maybe, that seems like a bit of a stretch that we had 8 DL

Feb 24, 2017, 12:27 PM

Let's see...

Will almost definitely play in the NFL:

Watson
Wilkins
Williams
Gallman
Lawrence
Watkins
Ferrell
Hyatt
Crowder
Leggett
Scott
Renfrow
Cain
Pagano

Good shot to play in the NFL

Guillermo
Pollard
Bryant
Huggins
Tankersley
Jadar Johnson
Hearn

Outside shot:

Boulware
O'Daniel
Mullen
Lamar
McCloud
Thompson

I think we'll get to 19.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is already at 14ish from the 2015 nc game.

Feb 24, 2017, 12:32 PM [ in reply to maybe, that seems like a bit of a stretch that we had 8 DL ]

My guess is the osu/bama game from 2014 playoff may already of hit that 38 mark.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I wonder if any of our recent games will top this...

Feb 24, 2017, 11:54 AM

A more interesting question would be, how many of those 38 players from 1977 could make an NFL roster in 2017?

Not many, I suppose

Feb 24, 2017, 12:07 PM

I mean they'd be about 60 years old now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^underrated post rat cheer***

Feb 24, 2017, 12:11 PM

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Not really - different eras are just about impossible

Feb 24, 2017, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: I wonder if any of our recent games will top this... ]

to compare. The strength and conditioning alone is so much different. You have to compare within an era.

Some will always stand out, but it really isn't fair to compare them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Nah, that's not how it works. Players compete in their own

Feb 24, 2017, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I wonder if any of our recent games will top this... ]

era. 2017 vs 1977 is 40 years. For ex, very few (if any) NFL players from 1937 could've made a roster in 1977. And very few (if any) players from today would be able to make a roster in 2057.

Re: Nah, that's not how it works. Players compete in their own

Feb 24, 2017, 12:42 PM

In 2057 the NFL will be a flag football league at the rate we are going so you are probably right

Re: Nah, that's not how it works. Players compete in their own

Feb 24, 2017, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Nah, that's not how it works. Players compete in their own ]

I know, that was the point. :) However, looking back at SOME of those names from the 1977 All-America team, I bet 40 years wouldn't make a difference. Eric Campbell from Texas for instance... he was 5'11" 245lbs (5x pro-bowler, held NFL rushing record twice, won Heisman in '77, etc.). It is amazing just how far we have come regarding strength, conditioning, speed, size, etc. but the guys who could easily transcend nearly half a century is even more remarkable to me.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,193
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic