Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How long can I get away with an out of state tag?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

How long can I get away with an out of state tag?

Feb 24, 2017, 10:51 AM

Cause I'll effin move back to TN if they start whining about this:

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How long can I get away with an out of state tag?

Feb 24, 2017, 10:55 AM

Until I report you for not supporting state road improvement projects.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I buy diesel here so rat away.

Feb 24, 2017, 10:59 AM

coot

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that what Tee and Amari drove

Feb 24, 2017, 11:14 AM

on their way down?

No, they rode in the back seat.

Feb 24, 2017, 1:50 PM

I was coming to SC anyway, just gave them a ride in class.

Feb 24, 2017, 11:04 AM

Buy a meat and three at the Esso once a month and "Mum's the Word" on this end...

I think you misspelled "date"

Feb 24, 2017, 11:14 AM

Examine the photo.

Feb 24, 2017, 1:19 PM

I renewed that tag some time ago. I'm good.

Feb 24, 2017, 11:19 AM

Right up until the second you get pulled over.

Feb 24, 2017, 1:21 PM

I kept the driver's license to go with that tag so no. I've been stopped several times and had no issues other than doing 200KPH in a 55mph zone.

Feb 24, 2017, 11:35 AM

who knows??? guy up the street from us has been here almost TWO YEARS and still has NJ tags!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2017, 11:38 AM

Guess he just wants something to remind him of higher taxes lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2017, 11:37 AM

yes officer, I am here visiting family.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With tags that expired two months ago.***

Feb 24, 2017, 12:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: With tags that expired two months ago.***

Feb 24, 2017, 12:09 PM

if they are out of state, what is he going to do?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh on, lunge trolls.

Feb 24, 2017, 1:28 PM [ in reply to With tags that expired two months ago.*** ]

The picture was taken a while back before I renewed the tag.

I would be more concerned with the

Feb 24, 2017, 12:04 PM

Crappy license plate frame. Should be clemson related. Cracks me up when i see dealership cheap frames especially on a nice vehicle.

I would agree, especially if we were actually talking about

Feb 24, 2017, 12:12 PM

a nice vehicle

That frame came with the car.

Feb 24, 2017, 1:22 PM [ in reply to I would be more concerned with the ]

It's an 84 300SD.

Easy solution. Put that tag on the front and new SC

Feb 24, 2017, 12:46 PM

Clemson tag on the back.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

I understand Danny Ford has the SC 'CLEMSON,' tag.

Feb 24, 2017, 1:27 PM

I don't wish him to give it up so, no.

Your car looks the the mercedes

Feb 24, 2017, 1:21 PM

that people take a picture of the steering wheel because most the rest of the car looks like crap.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Think so?

Feb 24, 2017, 1:26 PM

Here's a copy of my other car which is identical except the color schemes. The white had blue leather and the black has the alpaca grey leather.

Another man's poison, I reckon.

why would a Clemson man think that way? If I had that tag

Feb 24, 2017, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Your car looks the the mercedes ]

I wouldn't think anything of putting it on my old Chevy pickup just like Danny.
I don't understand the constant vitriol over everything around here.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

It's nothing to me.

Feb 24, 2017, 3:05 PM

I got the only tag Tennessee makes with "CLEMSON," on it. I happen to think both my 1984 300SD Mercedes and my 1985 380SE Benz are most beautiful. I also wouldn't trade my Clemson degree or my tag for anything.

I just can't figure out if it's the degree, the tag or the Benz that has all these panties in a wad.

that car is old enough to have really low SC tax

Feb 24, 2017, 1:56 PM

probably losing money keeping it registered in TN. SC tag fee drops every year according to age of car, TN is a set tag fee (unless it has changed), right?

You can put the TN tag on the front when you get a new National Champ plate when they come out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I let that tag expire it won't soon be unique to TN.

Feb 24, 2017, 3:09 PM

There's only one of these issued in each state. I waited almost a decade for somebody to die or move away to get this tag. Anyone who tries to reason why I might give it up is wasting their energy. I'm 64 years old and as obstinate as a mule.

I don't think I need anything else to remind travelers that we are the National Championship Winners.

Feb 24, 2017, 4:39 PM

Now I see why they wouldn't let me have Clemson lol

You are in Tennessee?

Feb 24, 2017, 5:16 PM

I went to the DMV and inquired about the details of the tag they only told me what month it would expire. They wouldn't tell me who had it or even what county it was issued in.

I returned every year for 9 years before the previous holder of that tag let it expire. I got wet. Then they told me it would be another year before they would issue it again.

I was there two weeks before the tag could be reissued. They wouldn't tell me what day so I went every day for two weeks before they would let me apply for it.

It cost me 10 years of patients and 60 bucks to get it.

I typed country when I meant county
Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

'86 500 SL Coupe (European)... Stateside tags don't fit well***

Feb 24, 2017, 5:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Woah, son.

Feb 24, 2017, 8:24 PM

That machine can cook. I rode in a, I think it was a 420SL a while back that a guy wanted to trade me for my black 85 380SE. He wanted 7.5k difference in the two cars. I told him I'd take two Gs but not a penny less.

You are aware that it only takes a few months to destroy the fuel distributor on that. The ethanol dries the seals. If I'm not mistaken it has a m107 engine which is the big brother to the 3.8L I junked.

If you need a fuel distributor or some ignition parts let me know. I couldn't throw them away. I'd bought most of them new trying to keep that pos on the road.

That's the black body I'm in the middle of doing a diesel conversion on. I have the engine, transmission and wiring ready. I just need to button up the fuel supply and put some of the easier stuff on it.

When I get it going I'm taking it to a friend's and starting to learn bodywork and paint. I'll strip the chrome (aluminum trim), plastic (door, fender and quarter panel moulding) and bumpers and make take the minor flaws out of the 100% rust free body.

Then I'll lay down and die.

PS, I'm using the 247 rear differential gear and just changing the yoke on the rear end. The math department says I'll get 112mph @ 2850 rpm. Holler if you have questions or need help.

Dan

It's seen 130mph+... ;~)***

Feb 25, 2017, 1:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's seen 130mph+... ;~)***

Feb 25, 2017, 8:09 AM

It is built (louvered) for much more. We probably share the same fear which makes us uneasy when a car starts lofting. Intellectually I know that having all four tires off the ground is safe in one of these cars but...well, maybe two doses of good, strong nerve meds would give me the stones to...nah. 115 is about all I can take now that I'm old.

Finest benz website out there. Try the DYI section.

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/#technical-information-support

Thanks for the link. Always garaged and only 85k, though it

Feb 25, 2017, 8:21 AM

does have a few things that need attention...

Re: Thanks for the link. Always garaged and only 85k, though it

Feb 25, 2017, 8:38 AM

One member there put an om617 (my favorite diesel) in an SL. The pictures and details are all documented there. Spend some time and get familiar with how to find what you might need to know. Mechanics for these cars are a dying breed. Some dealership have no tech trained to repair these cars. If you have a good man for a 35 year old car he's probably near retirement so if you plan of keeping the car maintenance is going to become a DYI.

I've put timing chains, chain guides, pistons, done valve jobs and just about every other kind of repair on the V8s made in the mid 1980s. These are the first cars I've enjoyed working on since the chevys of the 1960s.

My black 1985 w126 body has 87K on it. It's spent at least 18 years of its life sitting.

Mine has sat a while as well. I intend for it to be the

Feb 25, 2017, 8:45 AM

wife's around town driver once she retires. I might occasionally take it for a airing out, but I prefer having 'my stuff' with me so I'll stick with my '15 GMC Sierra...

Re: Mine has sat a while as well. I intend for it to be the

Feb 25, 2017, 9:43 AM

FYI, those timing chain guides are plastic if they haven't been changed. They wear with age, heat and mileage. Either of those factors made them dangerous to the life of the engine. The chain is 60+ inches long on a V8 MB engine. The guides keep it from flapping around when the engine oil is down. Before the chain tensioner fills with oil the guides take a good beating. When they get brittle a chunk falls between the crank gear and the chain and causes the chain to jump a tooth on the gear.

This requires the removal of both heads which means the exhaust and intake mainfolds must come off. Pisons and rods take a beating. I was lucky. I only lost one piston and did the work myself other than the valve job. It cost me 900 bucks after my brother bought the chain and gears and I shopped for used valves. The exhaust valves are sodium filled.

Two years after I got it on the road again they started producing aluminum chain guides. I replace them again. It's not a big deal to check the chain stretch and replace it and the guides. 500 bucks if a fairly reasonable price but I've seen people pay 2 grand for it.

When I priced repairs after my 3.8L jumped timing, 15 years ago, the cheapest price I could find was 4500 bucks. That's why I own the diesel and that's why there are fewer and fewer gassers left.

Feb 24, 2017, 8:31 PM

Tag looks expired to me. So, probably not very long.

Man, I responded to that charge half a doz times...

Feb 24, 2017, 8:48 PM

on this thread. The picture was taken last year before I renewed the tag. Is as if nobody noticed.

Feb 24, 2017, 8:50 PM

Move you a$$ if you can't support the state

That's something a coot would say to a Clemson Grad.

Feb 25, 2017, 8:10 AM

suckit coot

I don't drive to TN, NC or GA to buy diesel. Have you checked the taxes on diesel? TN doesn't have a state income tax so like it or not SC residents are supporting you coots getting their 6th grade educations.

Re: That's something a coot would say to a Clemson Grad.

Feb 28, 2017, 11:25 AM

I got your C O C K hanging

Feb 25, 2017, 3:05 AM

Simple answer: as long as you don't get caught

ive had my SC plate for 4 years since moving from SC

Feb 25, 2017, 3:29 AM

2 years in Texas, 1 in ND and now in Utah. No need to change

Feb 25, 2017, 5:35 AM

Bet you didn't expect this thread to go on for this long haha! We've won the NC and now what? The boreds must be fed!

Feb 25, 2017, 8:23 AM

You'll get use to Tnet during downtime. Crump is fairly tolerant on tripe being discussed in the mange during downtime. If it is related to Clemson it's fairly acceptable to discuss here on the mange.

It wasn't long ago that both owners of this website worked full time jobs and did this as a labor of love, taking time from their families to provide their Tiger siblings with a place to talk Clemson. We withstood the onslaught of coots, cootposers and trolls from many other fanbases back then. Hard times brings families closer together.

Tnet has grown enough to need a full time monitor and B has become the savior of our fellowship and brotherhood kicking coots butts back to the trash bin.

Yes, we shared our heartbreaks and finally some victories including the one Clemson deserves.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic