Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's why Brownell comes back next year...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Here's why Brownell comes back next year...

Feb 24, 2017, 10:15 AM

whether you like it or not (see previous Tigernet article headline below). We have our first 4 star player (6'8") in many years coming in along with 2 others (6'8" fwd and 6'5" grd) that are more talented than most on the team lately. As in football, recruiting is the key and our talent has been sorely lacking. I'm bummed out about the way this season has turned out and CU students/fans absolutely deserve a winning Bball program...so let's go win a few more games and end this thing on a positive note (winning is contagious but so is losing).

"Brownell adds the final piece to the 2017 recruiting class - 4 months ago - Clyde Trapp, Jr. is the final piece to Brad Brownell's 2017 recruiting class - one that will go down as his best yet. The 3-star Hopkins (SC) Lower Richland shooting guard joins 3-star Malik William and 4-stars Aamir Simms and A.J. Oliver in Brownell’s recruiting class, giving his verbal commitment and signing with Clemson during a ceremony at his school Wednesday afternoon."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's why Brownell comes back next year...

Feb 24, 2017, 10:20 AM

No - The high cost of the buyout is the reason - Drad made sure of that!

Feb 24, 2017, 10:25 AM

Well that too:) After all, that what sports agents/lawyers are for.

I think that sums it up probably, but...

Feb 24, 2017, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Here's why Brownell comes back next year... ]

it would suck to lose those recruits as well.

Feb 24, 2017, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Here's why Brownell comes back next year... ]

That is faulty logic though. He would then only have 3 years left on his deal and would still need a new extension. You can't have a coach with less than 4 years on a contract for recruiting purposes. This is the perfect time to cut bait.

Re: Here's why Brownell comes back next year...Spencer

Feb 24, 2017, 10:25 AM

what ever became of him? Does he ever play? Is he hurt?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2017, 10:54 AM

You do not retain a coach on the basis of what he might accomplish in the future....You retain a coach on the basis of just what he has accomplished to date - in this case over the past 6-7 years....

Not really. If he had the top class in the nation.

Feb 24, 2017, 11:02 AM

he would be a lock to return.

Re: Not really. If he had the top class in the nation.

Feb 24, 2017, 11:21 AM

If he gets freshman it will take them a while to mature. he supposedly had an older team with a couple good seniors. we have nothing to show for it. this year in conference is a monumental screw up. he may stay but gut that doesnt change the fact its bad and it was his job to developthem

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. I am just saying..

Feb 24, 2017, 11:31 AM

if he had the top recruiting class in the nation he would be retained. The admin would not even think of letting him go in that scenario. I think he should be fired though. He doesn't have the top class. He hasn't gotten it done and never will.

Feb 24, 2017, 11:04 AM

You might be right that he'll be back but everyone was saying the same type of stuff last year about the transfers and JB coming back. Clemson needs an upgrade.

Feb 24, 2017, 11:20 AM

Agree about the transfers but also feel that most of them are talent upgrades for us on the offensive end...D, especially on the perimeter, has been the main problem this year with the new comers. It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if Brownell was replaced but Thomas along with the 2 new 3 & 4 star 6'8" guys coming could be fun to watch (as long as our better guards stay:)

I support Brownell.***

Feb 24, 2017, 11:10 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he's retained, you can have my season tickets...

Feb 24, 2017, 11:27 AM

because I can tell you now, I am done until the University makes basketball a higher priority.

If the athletic department doesn't give a **** about Clemson basketball, why should I?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: If he's retained, you can have my season tickets...

Feb 24, 2017, 11:54 AM

Heard that! Here's the deal though, it's going to be very very difficult to get a proven top 20 coach to come to Clemson who happens to play in the best conference in the land. We would have to break the bank to get an upper level coach and that's simply not going to happen. Who would you want to see as Brownell's replacement?

Re: If he's retained, you can have my season tickets...

Feb 24, 2017, 11:55 AM [ in reply to If he's retained, you can have my season tickets... ]

well if you will buy them again and give them away I'll gladly take them. ;)

If you're gonna wait until Basketball is a priority, you

Feb 24, 2017, 12:10 PM [ in reply to If he's retained, you can have my season tickets... ]

might be waiting longer than Jake Bentley

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it possible that he could hand off game

Feb 24, 2017, 3:02 PM

Day play calling to an assistant or change with better judgement. Mabe D.RAD could get in his ear.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic