Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guess we have an NBA team to finally pull for...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

Guess we have an NBA team to finally pull for...

Feb 23, 2017, 10:44 PM

KJ McDaniels & Trevor Booker... Brooklyn Nets!!! Go Tigers...
Who else would we pull for??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guess we have an NBA team to finally pull for...

Feb 23, 2017, 10:49 PM

My tug chokes the bit about a 25 minute walk from the Barclay's Center .
I may have to catcha Nets game now that 2 Tigers are on the team

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 24, 2017, 7:36 AM

Wear your Clemson gear to the game...bet they give you some props if they see you...

"My tug chokes the bit about a 25 minute walk from the Barclay's Center . "

Feb 24, 2017, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Guess we have an NBA team to finally pull for... ]

Had to read that three times before I could decipher it.

null

Feb 23, 2017, 11:05 PM

No one.I don't follow the NBA!

yeah, who cares about watching the best players in the world

Feb 24, 2017, 12:55 AM

play at the highest level anyway?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dont

Feb 24, 2017, 7:09 AM

Very much. Kinda a little.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Neva have......neva will***

Feb 24, 2017, 7:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Feb 24, 2017, 7:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Guess we have an NBA team to finally pull for... ]

Then why reply cooter....

Feb 23, 2017, 11:31 PM

I was glad to see the trade. Hopefully, KJM will now have a chance for significant playing time. The Houston Rockets coach believes in only playing 8 players. I think the Rockets were hurting KJM's career.

Why WOULD you sit James Harden in favor of KJ?***

Feb 24, 2017, 12:54 AM

Feb 24, 2017, 7:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Guess we have an NBA team to finally pull for... ]

Hopefully KJM gets his jumper down and can make an impact sooner than not. Don't get me working, the Nets need a good draft pick & some help to contend, but nice to have a few Tigers to follow. Maybe Blossomgame will get picked up by then as well.

their good draft pick belongs to Boston, they just got the

Feb 24, 2017, 12:32 PM

Wizards pick yesterday, but it won't be in the lottery...They are a poorly run organization, I wish KJ would have gone to a better one

I pull for the Spurs***

Feb 24, 2017, 12:53 AM

Re: I pull for the Spurs***

Feb 24, 2017, 7:35 AM

Good ole bandwagon fan.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

It's like no one is allowed to pull for a good team

Feb 24, 2017, 8:02 AM

without being called a bandwagoner

Re: It's like no one is allowed to pull for a good team

Feb 24, 2017, 8:05 AM

Does he have any real connection to that team? Has he ever been anywhere near SA?

He is no different than the Cowboy fans who have never left the state of SC who popped up this past season if the answer to both of those is "no".

I've never been to San Antonio and only been to one

Feb 24, 2017, 8:11 AM

Spurs game, but I've been a fan of them exclusively since before the 99 season when they won their first championship.

what does that make me?

It makes you a Spurs fan***

Feb 24, 2017, 8:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: It makes you a Spurs fan***

Feb 24, 2017, 8:14 AM

LL Cool J and David Robinson made me a Spurs fan!

Feb 24, 2017, 8:46 AM [ in reply to I've never been to San Antonio and only been to one ]

Likewise, my "bandwagon" fandom predates that. I have been a fan since David Robinson joined waay back.

Here my cool story bro:

I was under age drinking during my freshman year one weekend at what I recall was Jungle Jim's (?) on Hilton Head in the spring of 1988. Yes, we all were dressed like the people in Hot Tub Time Machine - except for better weather.

Intoxicated I walled between one extremely tall man (David Robinson) and one wearing a funny red hat (LL Cool J). Mr Cool J did not appreciate a little 18 year old snot with a fake id walking between he and Mr Robinson who was serving briefly as an officer in the Navy prior to joining the Spurs.

As I walked between the two of them (it was VERY crowded), Mr Cool J gave me a little shove and calmly/sternly looked at said "don't be disrespectful". He wasn't angry and said it like a big brother or uncle trying to teach one manners.

However, at the time I was pretty much scared shitless, and since I was drunk - LL's little shove ended up causing me to lose my balance and bump/fall towards Mr Robinson whereby some of my drink (not sure if beer or vodka/tonic - yeah I drank vodka/tonics as a freshman so pi$$ off).

I apologized to both and David said not to worry about it and then ask me how old I was. I told him... and I kid you not.... he gave me a brief lecture (60 seconds) on why one should not drink underage.

I thanked Mr Robinson for the sage advice and Mr J for the push, and as I walked away I saw this:

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A Spurs fan***

Feb 24, 2017, 12:34 PM [ in reply to I've never been to San Antonio and only been to one ]

The answer to both questions is YES, so that would make you

Feb 24, 2017, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: It's like no one is allowed to pull for a good team ]

wrong right? By your own made up BS qualifications...That's got to hurt

That's why I'm a detroit fan

Feb 24, 2017, 12:38 PM [ in reply to It's like no one is allowed to pull for a good team ]

No1 ever gonna call me bandwagon

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Why would you assume that? The Spurs have been great for a

Feb 24, 2017, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: I pull for the Spurs*** ]

long time and it's hard not to pull for that team. I'm a big Cavs fan, are you going to assume I'm a "good ole bandwagon fan" as well?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

It's easy...If you are not an alum of Cleveland, you not a

Feb 24, 2017, 12:36 PM

"REAL" fan

I think I qualify as a Cavs alum

Feb 24, 2017, 1:37 PM

Loved them growing up as a kid back in the days of Mark Price, loved them for years when they were the worst team in the NBA before the LeBron era, and loved them after James took his talents to South Beach. I think I'm still hungover from the drunk I got after game 7 of last year's Finals.

I pulled for them when my childhood idol Larry Nance played

Feb 24, 2017, 3:05 PM

for them and I didn't care if that made me a bandwagon fan or not

do you EVER get tired of being wrong Todd?***

Feb 24, 2017, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I pull for the Spurs*** ]

so, that's a NO?***

Feb 24, 2017, 1:24 PM

Re: do you EVER get tired of being wrong Todd?***

Feb 24, 2017, 3:35 PM [ in reply to do you EVER get tired of being wrong Todd?*** ]

I was not wrong see your post confirming that you joined the bandwagon 20 years ago.

#FACTS

You were wrong though...I used to have family near SA, I

Feb 24, 2017, 3:43 PM

have a cousin born in SA, one of my roommates in HS was from SA...By YOUR made-up definition I am CLEARY not a bandwagon Spur...You jumped the gun because I somehow hurt your feelings and you're all butthurt about it...Deny it ALL you want, but it's clear as day...Now go get your fecking shinebox

I pulled for the Spurs before they started winning, by very

Feb 24, 2017, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: I pull for the Spurs*** ]

definition(the REAL one, not some BS you made up on the spot to strengthen your premature accusation) I'm NOT a bandwagon Spurs fan Todd

Feb 24, 2017, 7:40 AM [ in reply to I pull for the Spurs*** ]

How many Clemson players do the spurs have?

Is that a requirement to root for a team?***

Feb 24, 2017, 8:13 AM

Yes, if you're "All In".

Feb 24, 2017, 8:15 AM

Coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

That's a tough requirement to meet given our basketball

Feb 24, 2017, 8:19 AM

program. Clemson has almost as many players in the NHL as it does the NBA.

Well I hope you at least pull for the

Feb 24, 2017, 8:21 AM

MLS team with the most Clemson representation?

I don't even know what MLS is***

Feb 24, 2017, 8:25 AM

Really? Everybody knows that's the

Feb 24, 2017, 8:27 AM

Multiple Listing Service.

I know, right? Like I'm not allowed to enjoy PRO basketball

Feb 24, 2017, 12:41 PM [ in reply to That's a tough requirement to meet given our basketball ]

because we suck in college?

The NBA is incredible. People like to say they don't play

Feb 24, 2017, 1:43 PM

defense, but the scoring is due more to the pure athletic ability guys have as shooters. I watch a lot of Hornets games even though they're having an awful year and I can't tell you how many 3's and tough jumpers I've seen Kemba Walker hit while his defender was playing great defense.

Exactly...You could just as easily say College BB doesn't

Feb 24, 2017, 3:04 PM

have any scorers(at least not for more than a year)...Simply stated, the NBA is the best players in the World playing at the HIGHEST level...What basketball fan WOULDN'T want to see that?

True, but I watched about 15 minutes of the All Star Game

Feb 24, 2017, 3:08 PM [ in reply to The NBA is incredible. People like to say they don't play ]

and they were just standing around on defense. It was literally one dunk after another.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/02/20/reggie-miller-says-defense-optional-nba-all-star-game-was-an-absolute-joke-and-mockery/?utm_term=.88240e55c7ed

It was an ALL STAR game...They don't foul...Watch 5 minutes

Feb 24, 2017, 3:11 PM

of a Conference Finals and say they don't play Defense

I was agreeing with him, just saying the All Star game was a

Feb 24, 2017, 3:14 PM

joke

What ALL Star game isn't?***

Feb 24, 2017, 3:16 PM

MLB didn't used to be, but haven't watched one recently***

Feb 24, 2017, 3:17 PM

No offense Bob, but that's baseball...It's boring as ####

Feb 24, 2017, 3:22 PM

already

You didn't get excited when the Cubs won the World Series?***

Feb 24, 2017, 3:40 PM

Didn't watch a second...Might as well have been Wimmens BB***

Feb 24, 2017, 3:51 PM

Ask Todd07, he's the self-anointed Fandom Commish***

Feb 24, 2017, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Is that a requirement to root for a team?*** ]

Why the #### does THAT matter? Why do I have to ONLY like

Feb 24, 2017, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I pull for the Spurs*** ]

teams with former Tigers? Do you know how inbred that comes off?

Feb 24, 2017, 8:20 AM [ in reply to I pull for the Spurs*** ]

yeah i'm a Celtic

Worst record in the League at 9-47...

Feb 24, 2017, 7:56 AM

KJ will feel right at home like he's back on a Brownell coached squad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Including those 2, I think I can name 5 NBA players

Feb 24, 2017, 8:08 AM

3. Lebron James.

Um.....I could probably think of 2 more if I thought awhile more. Tim Duncan, does he still play?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Including those 2, I think I can name 5 NBA players

Feb 24, 2017, 8:23 AM

just retired

Re: Guess we have an NBA team to finally pull for...***

Feb 24, 2017, 8:18 AM

Feb 24, 2017, 8:59 AM

One of the worst teams in professional sports

The Nets suck***

Feb 24, 2017, 1:09 PM

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic