Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on "New" Littlejohn?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Thoughts on "New" Littlejohn?

Feb 23, 2017, 9:15 AM

I am curious to see what everyone's honest thoughts are about the renovated arena. Aside from the new screens and the club seating (that most of us will never sit in) what has truly changed? I know that the practice facilities were improved and I definitely won't say that it wasn't needed, but I feel like the fans were promised a "state-of-the-art" arena and D-Rad didn't deliver. Painting the walls, putting in a new TV, and rearranging the furniture in your house wouldn't qualify as a renovation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like it, except the fact we don't win that much in there.***

Feb 23, 2017, 9:17 AM

Re: Thoughts on "New" Littlejohn?

Feb 23, 2017, 9:17 AM

so have you been in it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2017, 9:35 AM

The student section is also very different. I think I like it a little better than the old student seating.

Feb 23, 2017, 9:45 AM

It is much nicer in there, it feels more open whereas the old Littlejohn felt smaller and more crowded. The student section is also much better placed - along the court like almost every other school does. However, it's hard to believe they spent $63+ million on it when less was used to build the Ops Center from scratch. I did expect more for the money they spent.

Feb 23, 2017, 2:57 PM

I agree with this completely. I've only been able to make it to one game this year (UVA), but I think it feels updated and more open. I have no problem with the new "club" area besides the fact that it could've been planned a little better where it isn't shown on tv as often since many seats are often vacant due to the nice club amenities.

I love the student section extending along the court as well.

But like you, I don't see how they spent so much on it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2017, 9:46 AM

Very disappointing from my perspective as an alum and season ticket holder (for over 40+ years) who has made/makes the trek from Greenville, SC for just about every game for all these years.

This is tempered by the fact I have had my seats moved to worse seats on two occasion (not my choice) and this despite my loyalty and being a season ticket holder in football and basketball. But, why should I complain the price of going went up since now I have to pay a seat fee in addition to a ticket price. I also went to games in Anderson during the previous renovation and then Greenville (worse seats I have ever had).

Yes, the screens are nice. But, there is less seating and I have worse, more costly seats. I usually sit next to empty seats or the opposing team's fans. The sound system is still poor. The place looks nice, but not $63.5 million nice!

Attendance is worse and all us supporters who sit opposite the benches have to look at mostly empty seats that the high spending donors don't occupy. Rumor is the high paying donors were able to buy as many prime seats as they wanted? When the high spending donors bother to show up they stay in the area above the stadium seats in the dining area not cheering much.

Cheering is worse than ever and the new place is not as intimate and from what I can tell the crowd noise is not as good or intimidating. Students attendance seems to be down?

If you are a high paying donor you get to also go downstairs to more dinining and watch the players walk past you on the way to the court. Wonder if the players feel like objects being paraded in front of donors?

The other parts of the renovation seem like improvements and assume needed to compete with other schools.

Just doesn't seems worth it and this is based on impressions, performance and usage to date by the Clemson family. I would say, at this time, DRad didn't deliver.

-Newly configured seating bowl, with court rotating 90 degrees from its prior layout
-Swann Pavilion, a newly designed operations complex and practice facility connected to the arena
-Burton Gallery, a new 10,000 square foot main entrance space
-Expanded portals, allowing for a more accessible in-game atmosphere from the concourse level
-Nation’s largest centerhung curved videoboard, as well as ribbon boards atop each portal in the seating bowl
-Coliseum club & courtside club premium seating areas
-Coaches offices overlooking the practice gym
-Expansive space for staff conferences
-Locker room for players, coaches and staff
-Team film and meeting room
-Players lounge
-Recruiting lounge
-Weight room connecting the players lounge to the practice gym
-Athletic training room

Feb 23, 2017, 10:31 AM

Man, you are dead on it in every respect. The club seats stay empty while everyone stays at the top eating and drinking. The opposite side is half full at best with corporate seats. All of us real long term fans have been moved to the corners and behind the baskets. Students still don't come to the games. It is better, but $63 million? Not so sure.

yep, got moved from center court to behind the basket and

Feb 23, 2017, 11:37 AM

most nights, I go sit in our old seats, because they are seldom filled

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ive only been once. (The UNCW game over Christmas)

Feb 23, 2017, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on "New" Littlejohn? ]

And while the it feels more sleek it also feels less intimate, less intense and more like a minor league atmosphere. Like that one Greenville NBA developmental team. Just doesn't feel raucous in there

Re: ive only been once. (The UNCW game over Christmas)

Feb 23, 2017, 10:39 AM

Actually that was probably the best atmosphere all year.

Feb 23, 2017, 10:35 AM

Lipstick on pig. At least the run of NCAA appearances we get from the recruiting bump will help pay for it. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned yet

Feb 23, 2017, 10:37 AM

Is that the TV cameras are behind the benches, not facing them. So instead of watching the coaches during the action we get to watch a bunch of knuckleheads in folding chairs along the OOB line.

I don't know of another ACC arena where this is the case. Anybody know why they did that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: One thing that I haven't seen mentioned yet

Feb 23, 2017, 10:40 AM

Money. Money. Money. Looks stupid.

Feb 23, 2017, 10:41 AM [ in reply to One thing that I haven't seen mentioned yet ]

yeah this is really poor. As bad as when the team benches were on the baseline years ago

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duke and Ga Tech

Feb 23, 2017, 10:56 AM [ in reply to One thing that I haven't seen mentioned yet ]

in both places the camera is behind the benches

worse is Va Tech, where the main camera is way off center

Feb 23, 2017, 11:01 AM [ in reply to One thing that I haven't seen mentioned yet ]

I know that both Duke and Georgio Tech have the TV cameras behind the benches. I find it interesting that people watching on TV complain about camera location. Also, most of the money was spent to build new player facilities and put Clemon on an equal footing with the schools we recruit and compete against . I think they did a good job with the amount of money available. The arena has a new and professional feel and the sound system is a vast improvement over the previous system and is much better than the system in Death Valley. Keep in mind that if more had been spent on Littlejohn there would have been less available for the football building. State law limits Clemson to a
$200 million debt limit. I think we are close to $170 million now with work still to be done for tennis, soccer, and possibly the outdoor track.

Feb 23, 2017, 10:44 AM

I liked Fike fieldhouse just fine when we won.

I'm glad we got the full size practice court/locker rooms/

Feb 23, 2017, 12:45 PM

operational upgrades, but from a longtime attendee's perspective it sucks open a$$.

I hate that they took away the inner ring that separated the lower bowl from the upper seats.

The walkway in between your row and the row in front has shrunk, it is now a tightrope walk to and from seats.

They lowered the seats/rows, now instead of having my knees bump the row in front of me, they now hit the head of the person in front of me(I'm 5'10")

It's not as loud, even when we are rocking

It would appear the big donors and the students got major seating upgrades at the expense of lifelong fans like myself, which would be a lot easier to swallow if their seats weren't half full(I have yet to see the club area seats full...even at the UNC game) at best

The designated scoreboards are in the corners now, like when I was a child, instead of on the Distractatron

They still have essentially the same old crap concessions they have had since they upgraded from popcorn and peanuts in the 80's...who want's fries that have sat in a hotbox for hours? 63 Million and you're still busing it in? You get fresh fries at DV, it's not that hard.

They put the students behind the radio broadcasters, so if you have the misfortune of missing a game and try to listen in the car(VT game), the announcers are drowned out by the students...Who are not that loud in person

Something needed to be done about LJC, and I AM thankful for all the player upgrades(the fact that we didn't have a full length practice court was simply unacceptable), but as an attendee from the mid 70's on, it is an utter disappointment, if not an outright slap in the face...We were sold a bill of goods on this one

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2017, 3:18 PM

That Tiger Paw is HUGE man...

Tiny Elvis

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic