Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who else got emotional during dabo's post NCG speech
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,018

Who else got emotional during dabo's post NCG speech

Feb 22, 2017, 9:55 PM

When he said "and I know Terry Don Phillips is sitting at home, Terry Don I'm not here without you brother, appreciate ya". I don't know why but that was really the point that got me emotional and started to tear up. We really owe Terry Don Phillips a piece of that trophy bc I don't think any other athletic director would of had the faith and guts to take a chance on Dabo at that point in time

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More to that than most know. Sure it meant a lot to TDP/Fam***

Feb 22, 2017, 10:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Goes to show you that dabo never forgets

Feb 22, 2017, 10:33 PM

Those that went out of their way to help him.

Re: Goes to show you that dabo never forgets

Feb 23, 2017, 1:24 AM

Helping Dabo is an understatement bc, I don't think that TDP thought that giving Dabo his chance was that big of a risk. Smart hard working people that realize their chance just fell in their lap usually succeeds. TDP saw that in Dabo, and he knew that Dabo was capable of capitalizing on on his chance. Why else would he have put himself out there like that. I believe that TDP's believed that Dabo was a person that would take full advantage of his chance of a life time!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who else got emotional during dabo's post NCG speech

Feb 22, 2017, 10:35 PM

Yes I thought that was wonderful of Dabo, in the middle of that most exciting moment, to think of Terry Don Phillips and acknowledge him.
Dabo is quick to share the limelight with others.

Feb 22, 2017, 11:29 PM

I do agree, and yes, I did get emotional in the midst of all the excitement. I also got emotional when Boulware gave the kudos to the legacy set by those he mentioned. They are the ones who laid a great foundation of talent, determination, the standard that says "less than your best is failure". We got a lot to be proud of at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My eyes started to fill before he got the microphone

Feb 22, 2017, 11:33 PM

Then a coot said something about it to me and I told him to f*** off

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: My eyes started to fill before he got the microphone

Feb 23, 2017, 1:27 AM

I love saying that to the coots, and they know that I mean it when I tell them to F**K off!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2017, 11:53 PM

Yeah, that got me choked up too, but Boulware had me fighting back the confetti. There was something special about us winning the championship, and they conveyed that sentiment perfectly. Good stuff

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when Boulware spoke after the parade and said "I'm one of y'all"

Feb 23, 2017, 12:05 AM

that got me. What a wonderful opportunity and career that kid got. Thank you Brent Venables.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: when Boulware spoke after the parade and said "I'm one of y'***

Feb 23, 2017, 12:07 AM

^^^this. If I ever get the chance for an autograph, that's what's I want written on the mag of him holding the trophy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,018
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic