Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
possible coaching candidates
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,350

possible coaching candidates

Feb 22, 2017, 9:21 AM

Mitch Henderson
Will Wade
Matt McCall

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Henderson has never sniffed the NCAA tournament as a head

Feb 22, 2017, 9:25 AM

coach and McCall is only in his second year as a head coach with UTC.

Wade is a definitely a good candidate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: possible coaching candidates

Feb 22, 2017, 9:56 AM

Wow! I haven't read anything about a coaching change at CLEMSON from anyone but a few fans who Do Not have a say so in CLEMSON athletics. Tell me more!

have you heard of hypotheticals, also note the word possible***

Feb 22, 2017, 9:59 AM

It's kind of like a Christmas wish list when you were a

Feb 22, 2017, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: possible coaching candidates ]

kid. Might not get it but one can hope

Re: It's kind of like a Christmas wish list when you were a

Feb 22, 2017, 10:15 AM

News flash.... there ain't no Santa Claus!

Believe in what you have and support it!

NO SANTA!!!! NOOO. Lol. Sorry, I support Clemson

Feb 22, 2017, 10:32 AM

university first and foremost and when it appears as if someone is not doing well by that school, then I can hope for change. This doesn't stop me from giving money, watching games and if I still lived in South Carolina with season tickets, going to games. So I do support the team.

News flash...you are on a message board that discusses

Feb 22, 2017, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: It's kind of like a Christmas wish list when you were a ]

what people who support the program think is best for the future of the program. If I am a ceo leading a company that misses goals year after year, you better believe the shareholders of the company are going to debate whether to replace me or not. That debate is their support of the company because they dont want it to hit rock bottom and they want it to be successful. I believe in and support Clemson not a particular coach. However, I am also usually very supportive/defensive of our coaches and like to give them the benefit of the doubt more times than not. I defended Bowden until that last year and I just couldnt anymore, probably a year too long. I supported and defended Dabo when he was hired and during his 6-7 season. Also, if you go back and look at posts from last year, I have defended Brownell in the past. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that maybe OP didnt leave him much in the way of recruits, and he didnt have the best facilities, etc.. I said give him a chance this year with a new LJ and JB returning along with the transfers we had coming in, and he just hasnt gotten the job done. I think he is a good guy and I like him, but its just not working

Re: News flash...you are on a message board that discusses

Feb 22, 2017, 11:04 AM

The point is: you are not the CEO of CLEMSON. At best you are one of the shareholders. Try telling the boss constantly how to run the company and see what happens!

Nobody is telling DRad how to do his job. Just discussing

Feb 22, 2017, 11:06 AM

possible candidates should DRad decide to go in a different direction.

Sorry that this discussion bothers you so much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

you missed that analogy completely or just dont get it, lol

Feb 22, 2017, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: News flash...you are on a message board that discusses ]

let me break it down.

CEO in this analogy = Head Coach, see the Head Coach is kinda like the CEO of the bball team
Shareholders = fans, alumni, iptay donors, etc (you did get this right as I fit in these groups)
I didnt mention, but ill throw this in the Board = AD/actual Clemson University board

In the real world, if you, I, BB, mickey mouse, or anyone else was a CEO of a company that was not getting the job done, then the shareholders (fans, boosters, alumni) would complain to the board that the CEO should be replaced. You see, it is in the best interest of all involved that the company do well. Take a look at football, when the company (football team did well) national exposure was increased, revenue increased, donations increased, national recognition increased, ticket demand increased, college applications increased.

Also, in this model the shareholders do tell the boss(DRAD) not how to run the company, but what their expectations are. If the boss fails to take the appropriate actions for long enough time to achieve those results then that boss might find himself looking for a job as well

Mitch Henderson !?!?!?! ABSOLUTELY NOT !!!!!

Feb 22, 2017, 10:42 AM

He'd be a step down compared to who we already have IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I wasnt sure, just saw his name mentioned

Feb 22, 2017, 10:53 AM

on some websites as possible future candidates. Also, what are thoughts on Floridas coach and if he would leave UF for ACC job

Florida is one of only two quality teams in the $EC...

Feb 22, 2017, 11:07 AM

$EC basketball is so weak, I'm not sure why he'd consider leaving a program where he's virtually a shoe-in to make the NCAAT every year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He is doing great at Florida. Clemson is not an upgrade.

Feb 22, 2017, 11:12 AM [ in reply to I wasnt sure, just saw his name mentioned ]

Maybe we could get a Florida assistant coach. Noway would their HC switch to Clemson hoops. Plus the Gators have a solid recruiting class coming in. Billy D made that a great job.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,350
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic