Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why would a recruit prefer to NOT win championships?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Why would a recruit prefer to NOT win championships?

Feb 21, 2017, 11:50 PM

I am trying to put myself in the shoes of a couple of recruits. If I play for UGA or USUC, there is no way on the planet that they are going to win their Division championship AND win the SEC Championship as long as Bama is in the SEC. Not in their short college career anyway. On the other hand, CLEMSON has been there and done that. Neither of those teams can possibly do that anytime as long as Saban is at Bama.

The only logical reason I can see to go to either of those teams is that you would be given more playing time (I guess) since those teams aren't loaded with talent like CLEMSON. Maybe some recruits are just plain worried about making the 2-deep at certain positions, so they choose to play for another team that they know won't really be relevant. But if I think I'm the best, I'm going where I think I will be part of a championship team. I can't imagine making a different decision unless my entire family has always been fans of some other school. And even then - it just doesn't make sense.

Or - did I actually think like these 18 year old guys when I was 18? That is a scary thought.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fit

Feb 21, 2017, 11:59 PM

Clemson you are a fit, or you aren't

They want playting time/tv exposure to go to NFL

Feb 22, 2017, 12:26 AM

I think a lot of recruits think they just have to show up and they will be 1st round draft picks in 3 years. They don't care about anything else. They don't really care about championships as long as they get their attention. We are a different school. Our staff wants them to become good adults off the field and that's not very common especially in the southeast with all the SEC schools that we know could care less about any of that. JMO

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

I do think there is something to building

Feb 22, 2017, 4:15 AM

As a recruit and wanting to be a part of something new. If you go to Bama you'll just be another cog of endless cogs. Just like a basketball recruits endlessly choosing UNC,Kansas or Kentucky.

I think there are some who want to challenge the top tier and beat them not join them. That's what the recruits who chose Clemson the past few years wanted and they succeeded. So many are more attracted to up and coming programs like Washington, Michigan (haven't been great in ages), Ole miss a few years ago, Texas A&M etc.

I know if I was a bigtime recruit I would never just be a joiner and go to Alabama or Kansas in basketball.

Why did any recruit want to come to Clemson during our

Feb 22, 2017, 4:26 AM

20 years not winning the ACC?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic