Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't know crap about basketball...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,177

I don't know crap about basketball...

Feb 21, 2017, 11:25 PM

...but I'm pretty sure a player can inbound the ball and run most of the length of the court in 3.5 long seconds when the other team dare not foul and have a heck of a better chance of scoring than a long inbound pass.

I'll take the job for a bargain $500K/yr based on my lack of knowledge of the game. TIA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take up another hobby.

Feb 22, 2017, 7:32 AM

Trying to make sense of it will only put you in an early grave.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know crap about basketball...

Feb 22, 2017, 7:51 AM

If the ball was inbounded short and we put up a half court shot, people would be saying that they should have inbounded the ball long and looked for a better show. And then vice versa, and the revolving door of complaints continues.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2017, 8:10 AM

I knew before the play we wouldn't get a shot off- just like I knew we would not get a shot off in a similar situation against Duke. I'm not claiming to be a prophet- most of us in here knew what was going to happen.

Feb 22, 2017, 8:27 AM

There was nothing wrong with the play. If JB had caught the pass we have 2 people open near the basket.

It's the person inboundung the ball I have an issue with.

Feb 22, 2017, 8:35 AM

Grantham has consistently shown over the past three years he can not get it done in crunch time. Other than the fact that he is tall, I have no clue what Brownell sees and why he continues with this failed experiment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2017, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't know crap about basketball... ]

Give you a TU because in a sense most comments are all MM QB's, however before VT shot,

The guy wasn't even defended on the 3. He goes around the screen. No switching on D. They fall back like it's the first half. You have to disrupt the pass and flow so VT uses time off the clock and hopefully throw up a bad shot. Not the reverse and give the fella a good long clean look. Everyone knew he was setting a screen.

After that Clemson has a clear quick pass to center court BEFORE the timeout was called. At that point the player has the option to drive and hit the winning bucket or call a timeout. You don't call timeout and let VT set their defense unless it's less than 2 secs on the clock.

That is not complaining - It's just basic coaching 101.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,177
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic