Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who is honestly going to win in the ACC for us?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 822

Who is honestly going to win in the ACC for us?

Feb 21, 2017, 10:48 PM

We would need an established head coach that is used to competing against big time competition and that would take a big pay check and we know for whatever reason we don't do that. The Clemson higher ups always go for somebody at a smaller school that has never faced teams like Duke, UNC, Syracuse and Louisville. Those are major heavy hitters and how do we keep anybody if they ever have any success with us when they get fed up of how the refs are in the ACC towards those big guys?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

To be competitive, our completion isn't the elites

Feb 22, 2017, 5:04 AM

it's FSU, State, VT, Miami and the rest of the league, I have no issue with an up and comer. Coach K was an up and comer. So was Valvano, Cremins, Lefty, Terry Holland and most every other guy at some point.

We just need that guy for Clemson, whoever it is

Re: To be competitive, our completion isn't the elites

Feb 22, 2017, 6:53 AM

Lile to see us go young . Get that solid up and comer who wants to prove themself against top teams , established teams . Give him an incentive laden salary based on milestones , not unlike Dabo Swinney's contract .
There is probably about 3 or 4 young coaches out there right now who would fit the bill ...and don't restrict the search to Division 1 only .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Probably we'll more than 3-4 who would fit that bill

Feb 22, 2017, 7:48 AM

When you think of K from Army, Valvano from Iona, Cremins from App St, Lefty and Holland from Davidson, they all moved up, and stayed put.

Clemson has never found that guy who came on board, had consistent success, and stayed. Foster and Ellis had some success but weren't consistent. OP built a winner but his recruiting success waned and he left a two year recruiting class hole. Barnes is the guy I think could have been that guy, but he left for greener pastures.

If we make the move, how do you identify that guy who you believe can lead you to consistent success, but also sees Clemson as the place for them? I think that's why so many desire Wade. He's had success, and is an alum. But whoever it is, to raise Clemson basketball to the point of consistency I think most desire, it's going to involve finding that guy.

Otherwise, eventually, it's just going to be wash, rinse, repeat. Intermittent success or a guy bolting.

I know who WON"T. He's there now.!*******

Feb 22, 2017, 6:13 AM

Re: Who is honestly going to win in the ACC for us?

Feb 22, 2017, 7:03 AM

My preference would be someone like Mark Few (Gonzaga). I know he won't leave there, but I like that guy and what he has done with almost nothing. He would be the perfect fit IMO.

Of course, I wanted Rick Pitino when he left the Celtics, but what do I know? I guess we would complain that we don't make the Final Four EVERY YEAR. I know - he turned out bad - but he would have been a great choice at the time. And - he actually knows how to coach BBall.

Replies: 5
| visibility 822
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic