Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bert
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,963

Bert

Feb 21, 2017, 4:47 PM

I must admit that I shed a tear today when this story came to a sad end. Bert was a Clemson gentleman in every possible way. I met him 30 years ago, and would check in with him from time-to-time over the years. My wife and I were season ticket holders back then, and would fly from MD for every home game. Once each season, Bert would have us turn in our tix so others could use them, and he would give us credentials for what was then the IPTAY suite. He did this for several years, always hoping to get me to spring for the cost of a share of a suite with others ... but, alas, he realized I was too cheap, and gave up. He always treated everyone as if they were IPTAY's most important donor. My story is surely just one in thousands. May he rest in peace ...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are 100% correct. he was a great man

Feb 21, 2017, 6:48 PM

And my heart has hurt all day since I heard he was missing.

I was fortunate to be one of the first Heisman donors and was invited to a dinner as a thank you. My wife and I had returned from our honeymoon a few days before and Bert made a special recognition of us. I dont even know how he knew about us. It was actions like this that I saw him do with many people. He had a memory like an elephant and always had a comforting smile and tone to his conversation. He was a special man and Clemson has a void without him.

no better story than a life well lived in service of others

Feb 21, 2017, 8:22 PM

+1

Re: Bert

Feb 21, 2017, 8:50 PM

My brothers and I have shed a few tears ourselves today. I hope his close friends will let his daughters know just how many lives he touched.

Everyone here is spot on that he had the gift to make every path he crossed you were the only one he cared about. You knew you weren't but only special people can do that.

We didn't know him personally but we remember fondly our late dad speaking about him and how much he helped him hang onto his season tickets and a good parking lot etc.

I really don't remember the details but I just remember mom and dad discussing the finances long after iptay and tickets surpassed our budget and somehow Bert and made it possible for us to get the tickets we needed.

Bert, now that you and your lovely bride have reunited in heaven you can get together with our parents and the other Clemson family to enjoy the games from that beautiful Death Valley in the sky.

Peace be with all of you that are gone too soon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayer is outbound for his family in memory

Feb 21, 2017, 11:58 PM

of this great Clemson Tiger.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,963
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic