Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Draft: "weak QB class " starts after Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,581

Draft: "weak QB class " starts after Watson

Feb 20, 2017, 11:23 PM

If you're not interested in the draft, then this won't appeal to some, I know by other posts, some just don't care about the NFL- that's cool with me, but for those who do, this might interest you for some comparisons and maybe even some old news you've read before. Maybe something new you didn't know, or just some agreeable points. I will say though, even if I wasn't a lifelong Clemson football fan since the 80's, I could still clearly see that #4 for Clemson is the best QB in the draft.

I think Deshaun Watson is a Quarterback that has proven himself on the collegient level to be a winner, really there's nothing more for him to accomplish. Leading his team to back to back National Championsips, Defeating Oklahoma, Ohio State, Alabama, and their repsective coaches ( gameplan ) including a tougher ACC Conference than the SEC ( East & West ) with also defeating Florida State, Louisville and North Carolina. #1 Draft pick coming out of NC this year? With one year of playing experience, just because of his build? Vs. Watson's playing and wnning experience? We'll See...

This isn't about whether or not Watson is a more accomplished and proven QB than Trabisky, or any other QB entering the draft this year. Or even the best quarterback in the draft. We all know what that answer is. As A Tiger Fan, A Deshaun Fan, I don't want to see him go to Cleveland. However, just because He's the best, doesn't mean that He will be selcted first. There is no debating the best, and this year- The Tiger's can claim their Clemson QB the best in the draft- by a long shot. It's just a fact. However, acknowledging that He his the best QB in the draft, we can all agree that going as the first pick in the draft, wouldn't be the best situation for Him. The objective is to go to a team that suited for his talents and has an OL, or sit behind a veteran QB and learn a new system. As far as other QB's in the draft- I mean..Let's just start from there and look at Watson's accomplishments that no other QB in the Draft that can claim.

Two Divisional Titles, Back To Back NCFP & Winning one. Two Time Heiman Finalist, Two Time Davey Obrien Award Winner, Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Winner, 1st FBS Player to Pass for over 4000 and Rush for over 1000 in one year, over 10,000 yards in his total collegient career as a sarter for 2.5 years.

Any of the other QB's fitting into those situations and bringing home the hardware? Didn't the think so.

The fact is , Watson is the best QB in the draft, regardless of where He get's selected in the draft- that's the only fact and point to be made by the above before mentioned. The only " weak class " of QB's , is after Deshaun Watson.

As far as his career, it's really going to suprise some NFL scouts how well He will perform at the combine, being alot more athletic than the other QB's, while having the arm to make the critical downfied throws to win Big Ball Games. His learning capacity is something to be noted here. There are talks around the league about Watson's adjustment to the League, and maybe the difficulties thereof. However, in Watson's case unlike in some other notable first round draft picks of late that Have done well in college, maybe had a good rookie year, but hasn't proven themself as a playmaker at the highest level with consistency. Watson will bring that along with his game. His work ethic is second to none, and don't be suprised if He shows up at the combine at 225bs+ and some arms to go with it. It think He is going to " wow " some scouts, but as Tiger fans we hope that Cleveland does what Cleveland does, try to get a QB in the second round- maybe this time take the advice and daft Garrett #1, Cleveland sure needs him, and alot more.

As far as where Watson goes, He may not have a " dazzling " rookie campaign like Dak-, especially if He get's selcted later under a veteran QB ( Arizona ) but we'll see. Either way, He's is going to make a franchise very happy, and will adjust his game to perfecting the pocket throw, sliding forward instead of running, and has shown the ability to take hits with durability to make the downfield play. Did I mention that He can extend plays with his feet? Yea, that's a big plus that The Texans didn't have this year... Just saying. Watson connecting deep to Hopkins, has a nice ring to the ear.

Desahun is going to do just fine, in the long run- again, He'll make some franchise very happy because of his on-field ability and his off-field character.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for the analysis and I think you're correct, some teams

Feb 21, 2017, 7:32 AM

will be sorry they passed on him! Kiper and McShay are idiots!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,581
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic