Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DRAD has the only vote - let's see how
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,127

DRAD has the only vote - let's see how

Feb 20, 2017, 12:34 PM

he votes.

A - Decides to keep CBB - that means that CU basketball is pretty much a "varsity sport", and its main mission is to field a reasonably competitive team to occasionally reach into the upper third of the conference rankings-wise. A wild run thru the ACC champ is a possibility and an even wilder run into the dance is also a possibility. But none of that is a requirement. The main job security requirement is to run a clean program and be at or near the top of the APR rankings. Net - maintain a "respected program".

B - Decides to take a flyer on a young hot shot, or, see if an older established winner currently on the outs at his current school has enough gas left in the tank to try to microwave a middling CU program into a contender. Think a Bruce Perl'ish type experiment. It'll put some butts in the seats for a season or two, but it's a significant step backwards and a failure if in two or three years nothing has happened.

I think he'll pull the 'A' lever. Like a blind squirrel, Brownlee will eventually find a nut. CU's basketball has been middling for 20 years. No harm has come from it, the school is awash in enrollments, the academic rep is higher than ever, and the financial health is sound. Net.. like at most southern schools, football is king, and it's the sole strategic focus in athletics. The rest of the sports take the hippocratic oath to "do no harm".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DRAD has the only vote - let's see how

Feb 20, 2017, 12:42 PM

I love how those are the only two possible options according to you, and both end negatively according to you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and your option is??

Feb 20, 2017, 12:46 PM

what's your option, and point to an example.. I'll grant to you Florida was briefly a dual-success..but, such instances are exceedingly rare.

Re: and your option is??

Feb 20, 2017, 12:54 PM

My option is to be positive and wait and see. And to not be a negative Nancy because that helps no one.

I just think it's funny. Keep him and DRAD/Clemson don't care. Fire him and hire a new coach, young or proven, and we likely fail also.

Why do you even watch if you think there's no option that leads to success?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wait and see?? That's option A.

Feb 20, 2017, 1:03 PM

I'm not negative on the program. Option A is fine by me.

My point is that I doubt AD's at most D1 highly successful football programs lose much sleep over BB (either baseball or basketball).

I.e. if consistent deep runs in the ACC champ and the NCAA is what floats your boat, I think you should question whether CU is committed to that level of success. It wouldn't appear they, nor most of their peers, are committed with you.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see it. I mean how long did Leggett hang around, and will BB hang around?? Goodness gracious, do you think CDS would have had the same rope??? No way on earth.

If we don't make the dance and DRad keeps

Feb 20, 2017, 1:43 PM

Brownlee, then it means that we have completely given up any hope and are not even remotely serious about having a good basketball program. If by some miracle we make the tourney, then BB stays for another year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: DRAD has the only vote - let's see how

Feb 20, 2017, 5:01 PM

Brad will be retained. After thinking about it and listening to commentary on the subject I am about 90% sure he stays no matter what

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,127
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic