Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So is it time to Fire Monte Lee?? That seems to be the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 3,604

So is it time to Fire Monte Lee?? That seems to be the

Feb 20, 2017, 10:32 AM

solution to all of our athletic failures. Do we beg Jack to come back or what? You guys they also cry Fire the Coach, you should have the answers!

Me I am not an AD or an insider so I have to trust the AD and Administration that helped to bring us a NC in Football. But they had to invest a lot of money.

Those who want success in Basketball and baseball kick in more money to IPTAY! I have given as much as I can but some of you guys with parking spaces near DV reach deep and give a little more. Or if you don't let the President, Administration, AD and Athletics Dept do their job without have to sift through unwarranted emails telling them how to do their job.

I want to win in every sport too! But it takes money to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So is it time to Fire Monte Lee?? That seems to be the

Feb 20, 2017, 10:37 AM

I have not heard one person saying anything about firing Monte Lee. I think you are overacting my friend.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2017, 10:40 AM

Sarcasm my friend.sarcasm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sarcasm is a tool

Feb 20, 2017, 10:44 AM

It is typically used to make a point.

What point are you attempting to make? Because it seems to me, and (as evidenced by other responses) others, that you are attempting to argue that Brownell should not be on the hot seat because baseball struggled this weekend.

Is that the point you are attempting to make?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's saying more money will cure our basketball woes...

Feb 20, 2017, 10:47 AM

after all, seems to work with education.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: He's saying more money will cure our basketball woes...

Feb 20, 2017, 10:49 AM

and the football team

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Sarcasm is a tool

Feb 20, 2017, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Sarcasm is a tool ]

Say it again Thom, +!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So's he.***

Feb 20, 2017, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Sarcasm is a tool ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some threw in the towel after the FIRST loss. Go back

Feb 20, 2017, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Re: So is it time to Fire Monte Lee?? That seems to be the ]

and read some of Friday's comment. Crazy comes to mind.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are very fortunate to have so many successful sports guys on tnet who succeed in everything that life offers so please understand that these calls for blood are coming from the real fans of the university.

And you are correct. It takes Money too! Join iptay today

Feb 20, 2017, 10:43 AM

I am an IPTAY member so is my kid The has been an IPTAY member since she enrolled at Clemson and is still a member after graduating in 2015.

Feb 20, 2017, 10:52 AM

Obviously I was not referring to you personally. Just making a statement as I agree with your post. Join iptay and do your part. (Not wu,but everyone else)

Feb 20, 2017, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: So is it time to Fire Monte Lee?? That seems to be the ]

Your statement made it very clear to me that I'm not one of those you're talking about. Whoooo Ahhhh!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach Lee took total responsibility for the loss, unlike

our basketball coach who has had that same opportunity after just about every game so far this year.

Apples and Oranges.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some posters think the Tigers should NEVER lose

Feb 20, 2017, 10:58 AM

in any sport. Sound familiar?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

False equivalency

Feb 20, 2017, 10:41 AM

I'm not a "Fire the Coach!" guy, but its a false equivalency to try and say that those who think we should change Basketball coaches after 7 years of mediocre (at best) results should feel the same about a baseball coach who won his conference in the first year and started his second year with a mediocre series.

Honestly, it looks foolish to equate the two as you are obviously attempting to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2017, 10:44 AM

Sarcastically well done! We'll get it together and have a great year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2017, 10:50 AM

Totally agree with you. In baseball I would rather start out slow finishing playing your best ball.

Feb 20, 2017, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: So is it time to Fire Monte Lee?? That seems to be the ]

Personally, I do believe that Monte Lee is going to be a H&ll of a baseball coach for Clemson. When he gets his type of players rotated into his roster, look for the best hardware from Omaha being brought back to Clemson!!!

Feb 20, 2017, 3:40 PM

I agree with you 100%. He'll bring our first "hardware" to Clemson Baseball real soon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Posts like this drive me crazy.

Feb 20, 2017, 10:51 AM

No one is calling for the baseball coach to be fired because he is in his second year and won the conference title in his first year. On the other hand, the basketball coach has been in his job 7 years and is ranked toward the bottom of the conference, hasn't been to the NCAA in 6 years, and hasn't shown much progress during his time at Clemson.

Why even post nonsense like that?

Re: Posts like this drive me crazy.

Feb 20, 2017, 10:54 AM

Don't you recognize SARCASM??? But you have to admit there are some on TNet that are quick to play the Fire the Coach Card!

I knew it was sarcasm. Doesn't change the fact it was

Feb 20, 2017, 10:56 AM

silly and served no purpose.

Agree. We need less posts around here that are silly and

Feb 20, 2017, 10:58 AM

serve no purpose.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Agree. We need less posts around here that are silly and

Feb 20, 2017, 11:03 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x_CH3M4OJ0

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Posts like this drive me crazy.

Feb 20, 2017, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Posts like this drive me crazy. ]

In a heart beat, a coach can get on the hot seat by Clemson fans. But I think that is bc of how much a Clemson fan loves winning. No body can accuse Clemson fans of being OK with mediocrity, NEVER!!! As bad as I hate saying and I truly do, but our basketball team has only reached mediocrity once in Brownell's time at Clemson, and that was KJ's last season. I have been in Brownell's corner his entire time at Clemson, but this season has left me with lost hope of Brad having any success at Clemson....

Feb 20, 2017, 11:08 AM

Ouch, sour milk in your cereal this morning!!!

Uhhhhh...we won the conference last year.

Feb 20, 2017, 2:42 PM

His first year.
With a pitching staff that couldn't do it.

Try again.

Replies: 27
| visibility 3,604
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic