Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NBA: Dunk Contest Today pails in comparison
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 863

NBA: Dunk Contest Today pails in comparison

Feb 19, 2017, 1:02 AM

To what we used to see back in the 90's. This is when we became to know Michael Jordan as " Air Jordan "
Against whom.. The human highlight film, Dominick Wilkins for years. sure the don the things would have been " new" and a cool dunk, but all that stuffs fails IMO to what some of us of older years remembering Michael Jordan as the Best Player in the world at that time, or maybe even of all time.

Remember watching Jordan's foul line dunk and see Doctor J's reaction with a big smile, and he leans back in his seat after Jordan repeats what He invented. It was just epic, and we all knew it. Didn't see any of those reactions from Dominick Williams from any of the dunks tonight either. Not saying there hasn't been some of other great dunk contests with other great players, but let's admit it. Jordan was must watch TV, tongue and all.

Just remembering : This is a great video and commentary on Jordan and Wilkins rivalry, and some of his innovative

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqPRdzrjWpU

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pales***

Feb 19, 2017, 5:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: NBA: Dunk Contest Today pails in comparison

Feb 19, 2017, 7:06 AM

When I think of dunking, I only think of the "Doctor of Dunk" - Doctor J. They could have stopped the contests after his show-stopping dunks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 863
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic