Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
as tough as conference season has been for the Tigers...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 835

as tough as conference season has been for the Tigers...

Feb 18, 2017, 11:39 PM

history appears to be in the process of repeating itself in Cola as the chickens are rapidly playing themselves out of an invitation to the NCAA Tournament. Projected this week as a 5 seed in "the big dance", usuck lost to Vanderbilt who was 13-13 going into the game. The chickens tenuous hold to a Top 25 ranking is likely over as they've dropped 3 of their last 4 in a bad basketball conference

Seems even SEC teams have figured out usuck's defense and are simply letting Puffy Thornwell score his share and shutting down everyone else

Frank Martin was recently hailed as a hoops genius, but reality seems to be kicking the chickens in the testicles again

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: as tough as conference season has been for the Tigers...

Feb 19, 2017, 12:02 AM

Yeah and they'll definitely lose the next game at fla. I think that would put them in 5 th behind Arkansas. Ain't no way 5 teams from sec are going.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2017, 9:50 PM

And that was Clemson's best win of the season (even without South Carolina's best player) so that says a lot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2017, 1:25 AM

Last year USC Would be very nervous but the bottom of the potential at-large teams is so weak that outside a total collapse, USC will be fine.

Even after the miserable week, USC still has an RPI of 30 and 19 wins.
They look to finish 22-8 and have quality wins OOC over Syracuse and Michigan. Vermont and Monmouth are also Top 50 RPI wins. 4 wins OOC over the Top 50 RPI is strong.

But if USC does not improve quickly they are headed to the dreaded 8/9 game and a quick one day trip to the tournament.

And just for giggles, Vanderbilt, UT and Clemson have almost identical records.

And USC is still 3rd not 5th in the SEC.

I see UK-Florida and USC in from the SEC and Arkansas getting very close.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 835
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic