Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't get me wrong
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,540

Don't get me wrong

Feb 15, 2017, 8:34 AM

I'd take Xavier Thomas in a heartbeat, but at this point I'm more interested in bringing in KJ Henry and Stephen Wynn. Those two seem to be exactly the type of guys we bring in. Thomas is good and I mean really good but I feel like he seeks attention and if he came here it would be more about him than the team.

I think this will be the best class we ever sign and that would be with or without Thomas. There are a lot of elite DE targets still out there and I feel confident we bring in the right type of guy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't get me wrong

Feb 15, 2017, 8:44 AM

agree. XT doesn't want to be a Tiger, then move on. The two you mentioned are elite and will help Clemson. they would look good running down the hill in orange!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2017, 8:44 AM

He would greatly benefit by growing as a human being by coming to Clemson.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2017, 8:47 AM

How does he seek attention? Maybe he really does not know where he wants to go. He may be a gamecock at heart but he also knows Clemson is #1 and Usuck is not very good right now.

Twitter fueds man

Feb 15, 2017, 9:07 AM

of course all young people these days use social media to bring attention to themselves. I didn't say he didn't want to Clemson, but most things I see on social media causes me to believe that he is just playing the system.

Its great we are in his top 2 and everything but I think its painfully obvious that he leans towards the Coots. Its how he was raised. If he picks them bc that was his team growing up and he wants to go there and try and turn them around. good on him, but he brings a lot of attention on himself and that's all I was saying. A few of his teammates called him out on twitter and that's what prompted my post.

Like I said before and i'll reiterate if he comes I'll accept him with open arms and if he doesn't then good on him for choosing the path that's best for him.

Re: Twitter fueds man

Feb 15, 2017, 9:32 AM

well as long as you would accept him with open arms, i think he has the green light to come...lol

Ask Venables if he wants Thomas. He's a stud. Stop looking so much in to stuff that kids put on social media. He said he is either going to Clemson or Scar, people act like it is a big shocker that he posts pro-Scar stuff on his social media accounts. I can't imagine looking at everything a kid posts on social media and running to a message board to report it like its a big mystery, blows my mind that some people do that. Not saying that you do, but its public information, public account. People act like its some big mystery

yea i'll give him a big ol hug if he comes

Feb 15, 2017, 10:32 AM

like I said in OP i'll take him no doubt about it.

For him to have a sorry program like SC in his top two, you

Feb 15, 2017, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Twitter fueds man ]

have to give them the edge. If we beat the crap out of them again, I think that he
will see the light. If he does not, then it is, probably, best that he did not choose
Clemson. His choice of Clemson will add a little icing to the cake but will not greatly impact
the program. It will affect him much more than Clemson. He needs to rely on his head rather
than his heart.

We Got To ....

Feb 15, 2017, 8:55 AM
IMG_4113.JPG(45.5 K)

Beyond support and encourgement we should leave all the student athletes alone ... it's "not a good look" as Christian Wilkins might say ...

Alienating recruits before they are even committed ? How careless is that ? All the work Dabo and company have done, the trophies, the new football facilities, and the programs momentum are incentives for the recruits ...

It would be a shame if a fan were responsible for turning away even one athlete. Even if it's only tigernet or twitter, the athletes are paying attention, and so should we ....

i'm sorry

Feb 15, 2017, 9:03 AM

did I tag him on here to call him out? Did I send him a twitter message? Did I even say that I didn't want him?

All I said was that I would take him, but I'm more interested in guys like KJ Henry and Wynn bc they seemed to fit the mold of Clemson men...who by the way needs no introduction.

Amen!!!! It's a shame U have to state what should be...

Feb 20, 2017, 1:57 AM [ in reply to We Got To .... ]

obvious to any adolescent and it's a bigger shame that the negative comments; about potential recruits, will continue to be posted here.

Feb 15, 2017, 9:21 AM

At this point I'm interested in signing all of them.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Feb 15, 2017, 9:23 AM

How you feeling about Z White at this stage?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2017, 9:34 AM

hopefully different than he did about Rashan...lol

Feb 15, 2017, 10:43 AM

Stay by your computers

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Gary wanted to come to Clemson

Feb 15, 2017, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't get me wrong ]

I've said it before.

Go back and watch his announcement on ESPN.

Now think about every other announcement you've ever seen -- does he look happy about his choice. No, he looks like the saddest guy in the country at that moment.

I don't know what went on there, but that kid wanted to come to Clemson and something convinced him not to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: Gary wanted to come to Clemson

Feb 15, 2017, 1:19 PM

Jeff Scott made mention of it on Twitter when John Simpson signed with Clemson. Something to the extent of "this is what a kid is supposed to look like when they sign a NLI".

I thought Tiger Woods was right, I thought he was ours

Feb 15, 2017, 9:31 AM

but I put my trust in Dabo to get the right players here and grow them.

Go Tigers.......

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Feb 15, 2017, 10:49 AM

If I start a thread on a message board, I'm pretty sure I want people to pay attention to my thoughts. If my thoughts are about someone else being too interested in attention... ;)

We can bring in all 3

Feb 15, 2017, 10:51 AM

Use one inside or at OLB. You don't say no to kids like that.

Maybe we just stop the speculation daily about Thomas

Feb 15, 2017, 10:56 AM

and leave it to some of the best recruiters in college. It is a long time till 02/2018.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2017, 10:57 AM

"but I feel like he seeks attention and if he came here it would be more about him than the team"

This statement right here is freaking dumb.

Personally, I don't think you handle recruiting really well and just making up excuses to not get your feelings hurt if XT doesn't choose Clemson.

Well guess what? Clemson is in the thick of it and by all accounts is leading for his services. what he's doing on twitter is a front.

Re: Don't get me wrong***

Feb 15, 2017, 10:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Over the past few years I've felt my enthusiasm shift in

Feb 15, 2017, 10:59 AM

regards to recruiting from being thrilled for "my" team to being thrilled more for the kids themselves who join the program. Dabo & Co. are doing such an amazing job in all areas of development, on the field and off, that I see these new commits and simply feel a sense of awe for them to have the opportunity in front of them like they do now. With such narrow openings that the program is experiencing, I feel bad for many kids who simply won't get that opportunity based on numbers. If a recruit has Clemson as an option and chooses another program - so be it - that's an opening for someone else who could have missed out on this, and ultimately that is who Dabo's process serves.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretenders, right?***

Feb 15, 2017, 3:47 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,540
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic