Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Grady Jarrett ties Super Bowl record
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

FB Update: Grady Jarrett ties Super Bowl record

Feb 6, 2017, 8:54 AM

Grady Jarrett ties Super Bowl record

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falcons were on the edge of glory***

Feb 6, 2017, 8:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Falcons were on the edge of glory***

Feb 6, 2017, 9:12 AM

I hated watching it slip away from the Falcons in the 2nd half, but Grady showed what a great job Coach Brooks did with his players at Clemson, and Beasley has played outstanding FB all year, too. Very proud of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2017, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Falcons were on the edge of glory*** ]

They were on the edge of glory ...until they started playing not to lose on offense in the 3rd quarter after they went up 28-3 . It reminded me of what we used to do when we had a lead ,...run on first down , run on second down ,...and try to pass on third down when they KNOW you are going to pass. When you get a great team down ...you NEVER LET UP ! The Falcons just WORE OUT their defense trying to run out the clock TOO EARLY. I feel so bad for Grady Jarrett and Vic Beasley because they played their hearts out TO WIN that game. I feel heart broken for the State of Georgia , my birth State , and the City of Atlanta. Their Super Bowl frustration continues.

Feb 6, 2017, 4:40 PM

Yep, however, when they were down on the Pats 25 yd line late in the 4th, they actually should have been conservative there and ran it up the middle a few times and then kicked the FG to go up by 11...that would've been game over; instead, they had 3 straight pass plays, all of which ended in lost yardage pushing them back to a 4th and 33 from mid field and having to punt.

It was game over there...if they'd played conservative and taken the FG it would've sealed the deal.

Feb 7, 2017, 9:30 AM

I was yelling this at my TV while the game was slipping away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2017, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Falcons were on the edge of glory*** ]

First off great job Grady!!!

I thought Atlanta also didn't know how to run out the clock. They got vanilla but they also didn't use the play clock. They would get the clock running on first down and then snap the ball with like 25 seconds left of the play clock. They did that almost the entire second half. It wasn't until the last 5 minutes that they tried to run the play clock under 10 seconds. Then they snapped the ball at 8 seconds. With the lead they had and the plays they had left they could have easily ran out the clock if they had only tried to.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2017, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Falcons were on the edge of glory*** ]

All of this! Well said, and as a Georgia resident, it has been a long suffering struggle to be a Falcons' fan. Hopefully, it won't be too long they will be back in the "Big Game".

Feb 10, 2017, 7:20 AM [ in reply to Falcons were on the edge of glory*** ]

*** then fell off the edge!

Re: FB Update: Grady Jarrett ties Super Bowl record

Feb 6, 2017, 1:18 PM

Such a shame this will likely fade with the loss the Falcons suffered. I recall the Superbowl Levon Kirkland had against Emmitt Smith and the Cowboys when he was all over the field but thanks to those picks the Steelers lost and Kirkland's awesome game didn't get the recognition it would have otherwise.

Just shows his falling to the fifth round was a total joke. I knew he'd be a baller in the NFL.

I think the scheme Atl ran on D was partly to blame.

Feb 6, 2017, 5:44 PM

Atl should have tried every way they could to keep someone off Beasley. Beasley was simply ineffective the vast majority of the game. The RT ate his lunch every single down. They should have made them double someone inside or keep an extra man right there by bringing a LB inside. Had theh been able to keep Beasley free at least a few times, Brady would have been running for his life.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proud of Jarrett. He deserves all the publicity!!!

Feb 6, 2017, 7:51 PM

A Tiger for life who is excelling on the next level...proud to watch him!

Re: Proud of Jarrett. He deserves all the publicity!!!

Feb 7, 2017, 9:33 AM

He can play the game very well! There is no quit in him.

Feb 6, 2017, 9:42 PM

Yep. Couldn't be happier for one of my favorite Tigers. Not bad for a lowely 3 star that pundits said would never make it at the next level!!!!

You show em big fella what it means to be a tiger!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2017, 7:12 PM

but his team manages to blow the biggest lead ever ,allowing Tom Terrific to get
#5.
Great job Atlanta!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic