Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Danny Ford thinking about running for Senate seat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

FB Update: Danny Ford thinking about running for Senate seat

Jan 26, 2017, 10:53 AM

Danny Ford thinking about running for Senate seat

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Danny Ford thinking about running for Senate seat

Jan 26, 2017, 11:00 AM

Great and moral man. So glad he finally got the honors he has long deserved. I say he is the one who set a standard that we have been trying to reach ever since he left, until Dabo delivered. Dabo now has raised the bar from Danny, but Danny Ford will forever be one of the reasons we have had this quest for greatness. Once you've been to the mountain top, the valley (Not talking Death Valley here) won't cut it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2017, 11:38 AM

I agree Dug, I love Danny because of the passion he had to make Clemson the best and the love he had for the fans, area, history and etc.

Danny will be great at working for the people in district 3.

Go Tigers & go Danny!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I disagree with you about Dabo raising the bar...

Jan 26, 2017, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Danny Ford thinking about running for Senate seat ]

Dabo has resources that couldn't have been dreamed of in Ford's era. If you said that Dabo was a better coach because the path is more demanding and difficult, I could've agreed. If you said Dabo was better because he's played for 2 NC's and Danny only 1, I could see it. But to say he raised the bar higher...that's not correct. The goal is the NC, and both men had the same goal and both accomplished it.

Beating the greatest team ever assembled in college football

Jan 26, 2017, 1:48 PM

is greater than beating #4 Nebraska. And should have beat them last year too.

Saban's recruiting is off the charts. Bama may not have the staff to coach them up but the amazing level of talent is always there. If they could coach they should never lose a game, ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

If that was the greatest team ever assembled

Jan 26, 2017, 3:32 PM

Wouldn't that really make Clemson team the greatest team ever assembled?

I'm confused

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Beating the greatest team ever assembled in college football

Jan 28, 2017, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Beating the greatest team ever assembled in college football ]

Nebraska was a pretty darn good program back in those days too. Check out their history. I could not care less that they were ranked fourth when we beat them. They were a load and were the second best team that year. Don't downplay Clemson playing and beating a storied team like Nebraska at that time. The 78 win over OSU was our first bowl win in decades. 1980 we were 6-5. It was an improbable season from a team no one respected and most never heard of. I love what Dabo has done. But I also understand what Ford was able to accomplish in three short years. Go Tigers!

Re: I disagree with you about Dabo raising the bar...

Jan 26, 2017, 4:35 PM [ in reply to I disagree with you about Dabo raising the bar... ]

I'd say it's pretty much a dead heat right now. But Dabo, Lord willing, should have plenty of opportunities to zoom ahead.

Tigers Teeth I couldn't agree with you more

Jan 26, 2017, 5:52 PM [ in reply to I disagree with you about Dabo raising the bar... ]

Well said and remember a lot of these people don't have any idea what Ford accomplished and how difficult it was those days. He didn't have the administration including the excellent President of the university we enjoy now

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2017, 5:58 PM [ in reply to I disagree with you about Dabo raising the bar... ]

We can just disagree. I love DF, and I have all kinds of respect for him as a great coach and as a man. That said, he didn't graduate the players and pay attention to the positive off the field things Dabo and his teams do. So much more attention to the academic side and so much more attention to following the rules with Dabo. Don't misunderstand me, please. I love what Coach Ford did at Clemson, and his players were fabulous talented guys, but Dabo has taken us to a higher level of excellence on the field, in the classroom and in the community, and he has done it without the negative NCAA implications that hurt our image back then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2017, 9:51 AM

One thing you aren't considering. I went to many IPTAY meetings to listen to coach Ford when he was the coach and he would explain how difficult it was to recruit with almost zero support from the Trustees, which is what ultimately got him fired. He was especially upset that they refused to even consider an athletic dorm. The fact that he won a national championship under those conditions is truly amazing. Dabo hasn't had to deal with anything close to that. Dabo gets all the support he needs and more, thank goodness. Don't take me wrong, I love both Dabo and Danny equally.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2017, 12:48 PM

I love and loved DF, but Dabo is doing many things that never crossed DF's mind.

Jan 26, 2017, 1:51 PM

This sounds like something without much legs. I really would be surprised if Danny would leave his farm to lock horns with political types in Columbia.

Don't Do iT DANNY!

Jan 26, 2017, 1:53 PM

Leave politics alone since it was what got you fired!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't Do iT DANNY!

Jan 26, 2017, 2:12 PM

Clemson fans didn't fire Danny. If fact it created a major rift between fans and admin. I think he would win and be a great Senate coach.

Re: Don't Do iT DANNY!

Jan 28, 2017, 9:40 AM

No, but politics did.

Which political party would he affilliate?

Jan 26, 2017, 3:29 PM

N/m

Dixiecrat.***

Jan 28, 2017, 10:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Which political party would he affilliate?

Jan 29, 2017, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Which political party would he affilliate? ]

He used to be a D.

Re: Which political party would he affilliate?

Jan 30, 2017, 7:06 PM

He has never been a Demo but some of the other canidates can say that,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd rather stay on the farm***

Jan 26, 2017, 3:36 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

That would be a landslide...***

Jan 26, 2017, 6:51 PM

Jan 26, 2017, 8:22 PM

Yaba Daba doooooooo

Please no, sir. Now is NOT the time, regardless of party.***

Jan 27, 2017, 10:27 PM

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Jan 27, 2017, 11:34 PM

Well dang, I had my hopes up that he was going to run and unseat that USUCK loving Rino Lindsey Graham.

Build that dorm! Build that dorm!

Jan 27, 2017, 11:36 PM

Do they allow Red Man on the State House Floor?

Jan 29, 2017, 1:22 PM

#MakeCootsSuckAgain

Jan 30, 2017, 7:07 PM

Vote him in. :)

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive