Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We paid $63.5, to redo LJ - we're going to need to pay at
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

We paid $63.5, to redo LJ - we're going to need to pay at

Jan 23, 2017, 2:56 PM

least 3.0 m per year for a top 20 coach that will stay.,

LJ was last renovated in 2003. If it makes it another 13 years the renovations will have cost almost $5m per year, not including interest.

Why remodel if we're not willing to fill it.

I would rather pony up the extra $ and get a great coach and field a good ACC team. It can be done. Duke was not Duke before coach K. I don't expect to become Duke in basketball but there is absolutely no reach we can't be competitive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

re: Duke...somewhat true, but here is Duke's record the

Jan 23, 2017, 3:02 PM

three years before Coach K was hired...

They also had some great teams in the 60's under Vic Bubas.

Coach K went 17-13 in his first year, then had years of 10-17 and 11-17 before the program really took off in 1983-84.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Before or after back surgery?

Jan 23, 2017, 3:05 PM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

For a Clemson fan, you sure do know a lot about Duke.***

Jan 23, 2017, 3:11 PM [ in reply to re: Duke...somewhat true, but here is Duke's record the ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Since you love Duke so much how about you quit

Jan 23, 2017, 3:12 PM [ in reply to re: Duke...somewhat true, but here is Duke's record the ]

trying to pretend you're a Clemson fan? K thx bye

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

So you're saying CBB is on the verge of becoming Coach K ?

Jan 24, 2017, 8:13 AM [ in reply to re: Duke...somewhat true, but here is Duke's record the ]

Dumb poast is super dumb.

No wonder you are never going to advance beyond being the TNet door greeter, bob.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

No personal attacks***

Jan 24, 2017, 8:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know - that's why I spoke of the poast & not the people.

Jan 24, 2017, 8:18 AM

And somebody has to be the greeter - and you are excellent at it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Really like Brad as a Man, pretty astute young Coach, good ethics, Etc...

Jan 23, 2017, 3:05 PM

But he's not got it done consistently & feel he deserves only one more year (2018) At Best to Gut eR Done..or have DaBO do a search!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One more year? This is year 7, why is that not enough?***

Jan 23, 2017, 3:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Wait, is Dabo being promoted to

Jan 23, 2017, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Really like Brad as a Man, pretty astute young Coach, good ethics, Etc... ]

Athletic Director?

You want to get a job done, give it to a busy man.***

Jan 23, 2017, 3:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Dabo's not busy, it's the offseason

Jan 23, 2017, 3:25 PM

He's probably kicking back on a beach somewhere drinking cervezas and waiting for spring practice to start.

He's got it made.***

Jan 23, 2017, 3:41 PM

Re: We paid $63.5, to redo LJ - we're going to need to pay at

Jan 23, 2017, 3:15 PM

You're right... should have just added a water park to the football facility. ??

LJ remodel was worse than Brad's buyout....

Jan 23, 2017, 4:23 PM

Danny Rad done made a mistake of some consequential proportion.

For a lot less we could have had a great, great practice facility

and simply stayed at Bon Secours.

I can't see us permanently playing in Greenville

Jan 23, 2017, 7:57 PM

For a lot less $ they could have just done the practice facility and bought a real coach

there are 15,000 Clemson basketball fans in Clemson

Jan 23, 2017, 8:52 PM

but possibly 30k to 40k in Greenville, or more.

What don't you get.

We've had good coaches, and winning teams,

and we've NEVER been able to sustain it

with a fanbase that exceeds 5k

ONLY when they're winning.

The basketball program needs fans every night to create an atmosphere

that people enjoy and kids want to play in.

I grew up in the Triangle...

Clemson is not even in the same universe when it comes

to talking about Tobacco Road basketball programs.

The program really has no consistent fanbase....

So, if Clemson fans would show up when we suck

Jan 24, 2017, 8:09 AM

we wouldn't suck?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic