Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Marcquise Reed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Marcquise Reed

Jan 23, 2017, 9:03 AM

Did I miss something last night saw Marcquise hit the 3 before halftime but never saw him in 2nd half. Where was he didn't see him on the bench either.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tim Bourret was asking that same question in his postgame

Jan 23, 2017, 9:13 AM

comments. He has seen the writing on the wall and he is despondent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You may have a point. I looked up the stats and he only

Jan 23, 2017, 9:17 AM

played 7 minutes. I wonder what the deal is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reed and Thomas should be starting by now.

Jan 23, 2017, 9:17 AM

and djitte and devoe should be their backups. I don't know what the hang up is. Its obvious those two are more reliable on the offensive side. And I can't imagine they're more of a liablity on defense than the other two. Devoe has been better this year but he's not more confident than REed. I think we are in the seniority thing right now with BB.

plus other than the louisville game we're only losing by a

Jan 23, 2017, 9:19 AM

handful of points each game. Thomas and Reed would make that back up. But djitte and devoe won't.

Re: plus other than the louisville game we're only losing by a

Jan 23, 2017, 9:28 AM

I agree Thomas should start and play over Djitte but Devoe is a better defensive player and all around player than Reed at this point. The Tigers are a horrible defensive team. The worst I can remember in 40 years plus of watching Tiger basketball. To all those who wanted more scoring over good low scoring defensive efforts enjoy.

Hard to believe Devoe is a better defensive player than

Jan 23, 2017, 9:31 AM

anybody else on the team from what I have seen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DeVoe is a better rebounder than Reed, but that's it

Jan 24, 2017, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: plus other than the louisville game we're only losing by a ]

Gabe has the muscle mass (outweighs Reed by 25 lbs) to handle himself around the rim and jumps well

Reed is his equal or superior in every other facet of the game

no way Ty Hudson should be playing more minutes than Reed

Re: Reed and Thomas should be starting by now.

Jan 23, 2017, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Reed and Thomas should be starting by now. ]

Agree 100% with this post

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reed and Thomas should be starting by now.

Jan 23, 2017, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Reed and Thomas should be starting by now. ]

As of a week or so ago, Reed was leading the team with steals, even with limited minutes. He's a far better defender than DeVoe, and his shot selection is better. I have no idea why he is not playing 30 minutes a game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We already hired a DL coach

Jan 23, 2017, 9:34 AM

not sure Reed can fill the spot

Apparently he's done something to get in BB's dog house...

Jan 23, 2017, 11:19 AM

otherwise, he'd be playing. That's all I can figure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Apparently he's done something to get in BB's dog house...

Jan 23, 2017, 11:31 AM

AS BAD AS WE ARE ON D HE DONT PLAY ANY. SIMPLE REALLY.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Apparently he's done something to get in BB's dog house...

Jan 23, 2017, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Apparently he's done something to get in BB's dog house... ]

I guess like shooting the best 3pt percentage on the team. Devoe should be in that house for missing his last three or four shots in the final few minutes of UVA and VT games as well as keep trying to make NBA range 3s.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Re: Marcquise Reed

Jan 23, 2017, 12:00 PM

Should have more playing time than 7 mins.
Also Thomas should have more playing time.
Thomas had 11 mins. last night and scored 9 points and 4 reb., but needs to work on FT's just like the rest of them.

make free throws u win

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Jan 23, 2017, 12:07 PM

Don't understand why Djitte was in during the last 4 or 5 minutes. Thomas should've played more minutes than him. I initially thought it was due to fouls since I didn't see the entire 2nd half, but Thomas finished with just two.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Jan 25, 2017, 1:52 AM

During those last 4-5 minutes Djitte was getting himself open for the ball underneath. Our perimeter players weren't even giving him a look. He got his feelings hurt. I don't blame him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad said in post game interview...

Jan 24, 2017, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Marcquise Reed ]

That Reed and Thomas weren't plying defense well. Looks like Brad has put on the my way or the highway belief...

Jan 25, 2017, 1:55 AM

The last time Reed was in he got substituted by DeVoe for making a pretty big defensive gaffe iirc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic