Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We're just not good
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,170

We're just not good

Jan 22, 2017, 8:53 PM

There are some pieces to maybe make some noise in the ACC but it's just not clicking.

We have a 1st rounder that chose to come back to school and he's not playing well and the pressures of hurting his draft stock may be getting to him. I think he made mistake by coming back. I'm really high on Grantham's potential but some nights he just disappears. 6'8 with some handle, has an outside shot, can defend PG-PF, has bounce... I just can't figure out why he's not playing to the level I think he can. Mitchell is a good PG and we can win some games with him. I like Elijah Thomas a lot, length, rim protector, and skilled in the post I think he'll be fine. The wild card is the SG spot, Holmes is a solid backup in my opinion. Reed can get a bucket when his light is on and I'd like to see him step into the bucket-getter role as a starter. Devoe still needs to be that 3 point marksman that he had a reputation for in high school. Djitte is a backup without much skill, but is a big body.

I'm pretty much done with Brownell and would like to see a change instead of accepting mediocrity to an average squad. The difference between us losing with Dabo and Brownell is that Dabo is a great recruiter, Brownell can barely recruit high school kids. We got lucky with under recruited guys like KJ and Jaron. Good thing is that we play in the ACC and coaches would be JUMPING to play in our conference, I wanted Buzz Williams and Josh Pastner a few years ago and you see where they have VT/GT trending towards... I'm not even talking about a Shaka or a big name somewhere just a energetic coach that can recruit and not rely on a makeshift roster like we have now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're just not good

Jan 22, 2017, 9:02 PM

agree! After 7 years we are just not as good as we should be!! BUT, I wonder if our admin really wants to be good??? I guess we will see after this year!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2017, 10:12 PM

If Devoe was gonna be that 3pt artist, would've have done it by now in his third year. He just doesn't have the talent level to hit critical shots in the late stages of close games or to be consistent with his mid-range shots. He missed a three which shouldn't have been attempted in the last minute of the UNC game and I believe missed his last four shots in both the UVA and tonight.

Message was edited by: BerlinSPY73®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Jan 22, 2017, 10:30 PM

Mitchell makes WAY too many bad decisions through the course of a game to win games with him. They're better when he's not on the floor.
The key to the whole thing is effort. They don't have the effort to play good defense or rebound.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,170
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic