Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
At some point the "experts" may get a clue
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

At some point the "experts" may get a clue

Jan 22, 2017, 7:04 PM

But you have to wonder

After the 2010 season: The Dabo experiment was fun but it's a failure. Clemson's program is a dumpster fire. 2011 results = 10-4

After the 2011 season: West Virginia exposed Clemson. Clemson's defense is a dumpster fire. Dabo can't get it done. 2012 results = 11-2

After the 2012 season: Clemson got lucky against LSU. Defense is still shaky. Dabo is a cheerleader who would be lost without his assistant coaches. 2013 results = 11-2

After the 2013 season: Clemson has had a good run but they will fall off with the loss of Tajh Boyd and all the defensive players leaving for the NFL. 2014 results = 10-3

After the 2014 season: Clemson has had a good run but (See a pattern here?) they've lost to many defenders to the NFL, Watson is injury prone and will never make it through a whole season but it won't matter because Chad Morris was the only reason they have had any offensive success since 2011. 2015 results = 14-1 with a national championship game appearance.

After the 2015 season: Clemson will be one of the favorites to get back to the championship game but Alabama had their number. Bama will never allow another offensive performance like the one the Tigers put up against them again. Clemson has had their once in a lifetime chance. 2016 results = We did do it again and we're national champions baby!

After the 2016 season: Clemson without Watson will just be another solid football program. Enjoy your championship Tigers. It's time for the big boys to take over again.

2017 Results = ????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most media types have us top 10

Jan 22, 2017, 7:16 PM

Some top 5.

I don't wonder and don't feel the indignation that you do.

The talking heads think that this will be FSUs year because... it's FSU.

I think it will be Clemson in the CFP again. That defense is going to be mean. And Cooper or Bryant.. or Tucker will be fine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't mean to express indignation

Jan 22, 2017, 7:27 PM

It's more like bemusement. Every season, multiple talking heads are ready to explain away our success and predict a drop off. They rarely say that about Alabama, FSU, Ohio State or even Michigan the last couple of years.

Personally, I don't see us falling below 10-2 next year - the potential losses most likely being Auburn and FSU.

Or not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At some point the "experts" may get a clue

Jan 22, 2017, 7:16 PM

I do see a pattern...but football's cyclical. Even some of the most dominant programs can fade into obscurity.

I still think 9-3 would be a pretty good year considering the leadership we've lost. A few are even thinking a return to the title game is likely. That's being very optimistic for replacing a Heisman candidate (winner in my book).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said TS ... two points of consideration to add

Jan 22, 2017, 8:35 PM

1) the media experts have been damm fools. And thank God the natl betting public and larger schools like Ohio St allow Clemson bettors to clean up.

2) Deshaun was and is special. He will be missed like no other Tiger football alum. QB play will be make or break. Dabo will have multiple QB playing time decisions next year and the next and next with all the talent coming in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic