Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You have to wonder if Lamar Jackson watches TV or
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,872

You have to wonder if Lamar Jackson watches TV or

Jan 20, 2017, 1:12 PM

listens to the radio?

If he does, he has to be wishing he had never won that award. If he doesn't come back next year and absolutely light up the scoreboard for 12 games to win it again, he will forever be remembered as the Heisman mistake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You have to wonder if Lamar Jackson watches TV or

Jan 20, 2017, 1:26 PM

He has a huge target on his back next year. FSU is gonna whoop that a$$. Our guys are going to want to shut him down because he won over Deshaun. I'm sure several other teams have that game marked on their calendar.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go ahead and mark it down.

Jan 20, 2017, 2:40 PM

Our defense is going to destroy UL next year. Jackson is good but they lose their best WRs and their OL is not at all impressive. That will doom them against our DL.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2017, 1:55 PM

Just pressure him. Put him on the move trying to throw it. If every team does that he will have a terrible year and will the joke that won the Heisman. Go Tigers. 2016 National Champions.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok ESecPN... since you are so big on polls

Jan 20, 2017, 1:58 PM

How about canvassing the Heisman voters to see how much voter's remorse is out there.

Re: Ok ESecPN... since you are so big on polls

Jan 20, 2017, 2:04 PM

Most people won't admit making a mistake. Even the sportscasters that praise Watson as the best player in college football still say that it is hard to argue that LJ had the best overall regular season. However, would someone explain to me why no one seems to care that his inflated numbers came in wins against average or below average teams? Loserville ONLY BEAT ONE TEAM WITH A WINNING RECORD!! That really chaps my ####.

Johnny Manziel***

Jan 20, 2017, 2:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Manziel deserved his Heisman.

Jan 20, 2017, 2:42 PM

Zero to do with NFL success. Tebow was garbage in the league, too, but undoubtedly deserved to win the Heisman. There are probably another dozen guys throughout the years who were definitely the choice for the award but didn't go on to pro success.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, there's a long list. Some were just NFL busts, but

Jan 20, 2017, 2:57 PM

others were guys that everyone knew had no shot at playing in the NFL. Troy Smith (sub 6'), Eric Crouch (no actual QB skills), Charlie Ward (wasn't projected well and chose to play in NBA) are all fairly recent Heisman winners that never even had a shot in the NFL.

I really thought Manziel and, especially, Tebow were pretty close to that category but somehow both were first round picks. Neither looked like NFL QBs to me, but I guess it only takes 1 idiot GM.

With the way the league is today

Jan 20, 2017, 3:00 PM

you HAVE to take a QB of any potential. It's a pass first league now, and you just cannot win a Super Bowl anymore without at least a good QB. That's why I thought the mid-season projections of Watson in the second round were so f'n funny. There was NEVER any chance that a QB with that winning percentage, deep ball accuracy, clutch factor, work ethic and running ability was going to fall out of the top half of the first round.

Though I did agree Tebow obviously didn't have it, Manziel might have if he could have kept his demons at bay. Tebow never had the ability to make all the throws. Perfect for Urban's system, terrible NFL prospect.

LOL

Jan 20, 2017, 2:02 PM

Yes, I'm SURE he wishes he hadn't won the Heisman trophy

Just when you thought you'd heard them all....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you think he's fine with hearing voter after voter

Jan 20, 2017, 2:38 PM

slowly come forward and say that they voted for him but it was a big mistake and they regret not giving the award to the best player in college football?

As long as he gets to keep the trophy, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2017, 2:06 PM

Look at Christian MacCaffrey... kid ran for 1603 yards this season and actually had a better YPC avg. this season and I can't remember the last time the pundits spoke his name. The spotlight isn't always a blessing!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,872
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic