Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
basketball season, whats behind and ahead...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 655

basketball season, whats behind and ahead...

Jan 20, 2017, 10:34 AM

obviously, the vibe around basketball season (especially after last night), is pretty rough right now. Last night was a big loss to a team without their best player. This is not a plea to save Brownells job or for you guys to support him. This is simply my thoughts on bball season as a whole.

I always look at the season in 4 sections. OOC schedule, and then break the conference schedule down in 3 parts.

So, lets take a look...

1. The OOC-
We went 10-2. Had 4 quality wins and really, other than maybe Oklahoma, no bad losses. I would say the OOC was very successful.

2. ACC Games 1-6
Through the first 6 ACC, things have gone bad. We have lost 5 in a row and last night was an ugly 30 point loss on the road to a UL team without their best player. When we really break down these 1st 6 games, it was definitely the toughest of the 4 sections of the season. We played 4 top 20 teams with 2 of those being on the road (4 of the first 6 games on the road). The only really "bad" loss was at Georgia Tech. But it could also be argued that we blew some leads and had bad losses to UNC and Notre Dame. As successful as the OOC section of the schedule was, the first leg of the ACC was just as unsuccessful. We definitely have to improve.

3. ACC Games 7-12
Coming up is a crucial stretch if we want to get things back on track. In the 3rd leg of the season, we get VT, Pitt, GT, FSU, Syracuse, and Duke. Only 2 of these teams are in the top 25 and we get 3 of these next 6 at home. So, naturally, the schedule gets a little bit easier. And, where we were only the favorite in 2 of the first 6 games, we will likely be favored in 4 of these 6. I think 4-2 in this stretch is very attainable if Brownell can get this team back on track. This, in my opinion, is the most important stretch of games for this team.

4. ACC Games 13-18
The last stretch of the season will be HUGE if we can regain some confidence and win some games in the 3rd leg. In this stretch, we get Wake, Miami, VT, FSU, NC State, and BC. 4 of these games are at home including the last 3. I truly believe we get ourselves back on the pace for the NCAA tournament and be able to 'play ourselves in' in those last 3 home games.

Its interesting to see how loaded our schedule was these first 6 ACC games compared to the last 12. We didnt pass the test in the first 6, but this season has a long way to go.

Regardless of your feelings for Brownell, this team deserves our support. At the end of the season, the judgement will be made about Brownell and his future. But there is still a ton of basketball to be played.

Go Tigers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Accurate analysis...hope to see the team come out with a

Jan 20, 2017, 11:32 AM

little more fire and finish strong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 655
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic