Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Folks, during this season I had an epiphany.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Folks, during this season I had an epiphany.

Jan 20, 2017, 6:01 AM

After the NC Taint game (which we scraped by the skin of our teeth) I made the decision to never doubt this team. I know to many of you I sounded like a Dumper, but I decided to NeVER again "think" we were to lose a game.

During the PITT game I maintained my philosophy and at no point did I think we would lose. Unfortunately in that game we did but I never thought we would. Even during Alabama, I never believed we would lose.

We have a great team. A great football program and coach/staff to believe in. I am extremely happy to have crossed that personal threshold to never doubt this team again. I won't be changing any time soon.

Thank you all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Folks, during this season I had an epiphany.

Jan 20, 2017, 6:17 AM

Same. I had full faith we were going to pull that Pitt win out.

Once we went down 14--0 against alabama I thought it was over. We couldn't move the ball at that point and scarborough was running all over us.

Jan 20, 2017, 6:27 AM

Same for me. I remember back in the 60s and 70s when I was a student... once we got behind, the game was over. But with Dabo's teams, they're never "out of a game." When we were down to Loserville, I knew we would come back... and I Knew Lamar would NOT get it in the endzone at the end of the game. With Bama, when Hurts scored with 2:07 to go, I said to everyone around me, "we've finally got them right where we want them." Except when we were down 14-0, that game just never felt like a loss.

These Tigers never give up. Hopefully, the next QB will have that same mentality.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my father took me to the lewisville game and

Jan 20, 2017, 6:41 AM

You bet your tail I felt like a little kid that game. Him and I believed that was we best game we have ever been to.

We didn't get the chance to go to the national championship :) was running short on cash

Jan 20, 2017, 7:56 AM

I maintained the prove me wrong, I doubt ya philosophy. Seemed to work too. :)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it was because they FINALLY returned the Tiger Paws

Jan 20, 2017, 8:15 AM

back to the shoulder pads, where they rightfully belonged. Most of us lifelong Clemson fans KNEW that this was the magic element that had been missing for oh so many years.

1981:

up until this season:

2016:

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ive been telling everyone I know this very thing.***

Jan 20, 2017, 8:19 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic