Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't know if any of you have games prior to the Natty
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 619

I don't know if any of you have games prior to the Natty

Jan 19, 2017, 6:10 PM

still saved on your DVR. I happen to still have quite a few. I figured I would have no use to go back and watch them after winning the National Championship. Well, I went back and looked at our team running onto the field at Auburn for opening game and it really struck me. I thought wow, that is the national champion running out on the field for the first time. Out of every team across this land and every bounce of the ball to come, when all was said and done, that was the National Champion. It is also amazing to look back at the Louisville game and see the gold National Championship Trophy on the sideline and to think that it actually came back to our campus forever. The blowout over South Carolina even takes on more meaning when I watch it now. The national champion beating an also ran just like you would expect it would. An also-ran that beat Tennessee and came in with a 6-5 record.

Of course I'm going to load up on National Championship gear, but I intend to still wear shirts celebrating the 31-0 victory over Ohio State, the Fiesta Bowl Championship, back to back ACC Championships and a "We're In Again" shirt just to remind everyone that we made that title game back to back. I wore my Orange Bowl 37-17 shirt a lot last year. I'm getting caps too. I don't overload and wear it all at once. I believe in less is more. But when I go walking in the park, or to a vacation site, I will have one something reminding people about one of these victories.

Also, when I wear a natty shirt, I like for it to remind folks that this is National Championship #2

One other thought. If we were destined to split title games with Bama, I'm glad we won the second one instead of the first. I know the 2015 National Championship will be forever gold for Bama and would have been for us, but winning the second one seems better. If we had won the first and the same team came back and beat us like we did Bama, it would almost seem like they wiped out the first game. That's almost what it seems like we have done to them. In reality, I know the first was a classic also and they will forever be proud of that national championship.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know if any of you have games prior to the Natty

Jan 19, 2017, 6:37 PM

I have fsu, Louisville, scar, VT, osu, bama, last year's ncg, and citadel vs scar from last year

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 619
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic