Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dab said after the USF loss that the next DECADE would
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,978

Dab said after the USF loss that the next DECADE would

Jan 19, 2017, 2:47 AM

be the greatest in Clemson football history... what they say now?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dab said after the USF loss that the next DECADE would

Jan 19, 2017, 4:48 AM

Dabo has that "it" factor. A lot of coaches more qualified on paper have failed. Not sure how to measure that "it" factor but Dabo has a ton of it. Yes a decade later the dream was achieved.

very few college coaches are more qualified than Dabo

Jan 19, 2017, 5:01 AM

on paper. Saban and Meyer and maybe Stoops and Fisher. Who else?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: very few college coaches are more qualified than Dabo

Jan 19, 2017, 5:54 AM

I don't know about, "on paper", but he is showing everbody that few are up to his level on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dab said after the USF loss that the next DECADE would

Jan 19, 2017, 6:04 AM

I imagine they say he wasn't just blowing smoke .
They'd probably also like to add that had they'd known that he was going to drive Clemson into the upper echelon of college football they wouldn't have snickered when he said so .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

The thing about Dabo

Jan 19, 2017, 6:57 AM

is that he was making really big promises from Day 1 and they were based on not much more than his ambition...it certainly wasn't based on his experience. So people laughed at him and called him a cheerleader. Until he started backing those promises up. Nobody laughs anymore when he says Clemson's going to do something. Sure, they still poke fun at his exuberance and his "perceived naivety" and his outspokenness, but they can doubt him at their own peril.

I think they also don't realize Dabo is usually 3 steps ahead of his critics. Have you noticed when there's a negative story or controversy brewing about his players or the program, he always has something loud to say to deflect all the attention directly onto himself? Happens every time. It lets the team keep focused while he weathers the storm. It's genius.

thru my binoculars at that dismal loss to Chip Holtz I saw a determined young coach

Jan 19, 2017, 8:43 AM

who wasn't going to let this happen again under his watch..to Clemson or to himself. I turned to my Son & GF#1 and stated what I saw in his eyes & on his face.

Then, T Boyd came in to hit on 2 quick TD's and the change was on!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,978
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic