Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCG, 4th quarter 7:45 left, 3rd and 10...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

NCG, 4th quarter 7:45 left, 3rd and 10...

Jan 19, 2017, 2:22 AM

Leggett gets hit in the hands with the ball but obviously looks away at the defender coming towards him and doesn't make the catch. Not sure what Herbie saw, but he tried to put it on DW.

Anyway, watching live and again on the replay I was stoked to see Leggett make that amazing and redeeming catch to set up the game winner. He's been so clutch for ua this year, would've hated to see him go out with that on his mind. Thanks Jordan!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: NCG, 4th quarter 7:45 left, 3rd and 10...

Jan 19, 2017, 2:38 AM

renfrow, williams and legget took that last drive over... alabama had no chance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2017, 5:52 AM

Well, DW$ did make some nice throws and great decisions all game long, but on that drive he was Superman. So proud of all of them!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2017, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: NCG, 4th quarter 7:45 left, 3rd and 10... ]

And DW4 was kind-of in the mix, also, plus the Oline and blocking of Gallman.

Jan 19, 2017, 7:08 AM

I haven't watched that particular show play in a bit, but I'm fairly certain Herbstreit points out that Leggett quit on his route.

Leggett's last catch Kirk does say he redeemed

Jan 19, 2017, 8:47 AM

himself from missing earlier

At end of IT, I never saw FiNEBAUM so dejected looking & quiet!

Jan 19, 2017, 8:49 AM

What a pic for the ages! LOL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2017, 8:19 AM

Yes, Herbie did try to put that on Watson, said something like, "Watson has to make that play". It was one of the few times during the game that I yelled at the TV. I guess Watson was supposed to throw it and catch it. I thought there was far too much Bama sunshine being pumped for almost the whole game. Then the last 2 minutes happened and all the sunshine pumpers just looked stupid. Watching the last 2 minutes on Finebaum's show was like watching a wake. "Well, there it is".

Yes Paul, there IT is, so what have you been talking about for the last 4 hours??? Cuz you haven't been talking about IT!!!!!

Well, the Finebaum megacast was broadcast on the SEC channel

Jan 19, 2017, 8:47 AM

It was clearly from and FOR the SEC perspective. What did you expect? SEC homers to laud Clemson's supremacy?

I felt it was actually a fairly balanced commentary, considering.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

We were behind most of the game. Wonder

Jan 19, 2017, 10:33 AM

Why it might have happened that way?

We were behind most of the game. Wonder

Jan 19, 2017, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Well, the Finebaum megacast was broadcast on the SEC channel ]

Why it might have happened that way?

It wasn't great ball placement. Leggett still shouldve

Jan 19, 2017, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: NCG, 4th quarter 7:45 left, 3rd and 10... ]

caught it, but the ball was thrown high and inside. Now whether or not that was DW4's fault or Leggett's fault for slowing down and kind of breaking off his route is another matter. I can see both sides of it and it would depend a lot on how they are coaches to handle that situation. Leggett was wide open but there was a safety closing from the top and Leggett breaking off and settling down assures that safety can't get there to make a play. It kind of looked like Watson expected him to keep running in stride though.

Anyway, it was either a missed throw or just a miscommunication between Watson and Leggett. It was still a catchable ball and one that we know Leggett is capable of catching, but it wouldn't have been an easy catch by any means.

Jan 19, 2017, 9:29 AM

Leggett knew the miss was on him. After the game, he commented that he was glad that he was able to redeem himself. We will miss him.

Yo folks dream up anything.***

Jan 19, 2017, 10:32 AM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic