Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting questions for those in the know
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,729

Recruiting questions for those in the know

Jan 18, 2017, 8:49 AM

I know most of the go pro early candidates were expected, but maybe some were not (like Scott). In addition Jake F.and Dye transferring were probably a slight surprise.

How many were we taking?

How many are we taking now? and
What positions and players are the targets for the remaining available spots?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting questions for those in the know

Jan 18, 2017, 9:07 AM

We are trying to add a RB and maybe a safety but are not looking at fall back options at either position. Next years class will also be small so there is no reason to take a project player in this class when we can take a blue chip in the 2018 class.

Who didn't expect Scott to leave early? He, Gallman, and

Jan 18, 2017, 9:14 AM

Watson had a 3 year pact since they got here that they planned on graduating in 3 years and going pro. His may not have been a definite, but I wasn't surprised. The Fruh and Dye situation were a little more of a surprise for me though I can't blame them. There are bigger experts on recruiting than me, but I think the only thing we're seeing much noise about right now is RB and that has more to do with the decommit than anything. There is no telling what else they are doing behind the scenes, but Dabo going to Oak Ridge last night suggests that he is more concerned about keeping what we have than chasing others last minute--except again the RB. That Etienne cat is legit, but will be a tough steal from LSU. However, anytime we get someone to our campus, you gotta think we have a chance.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting questions for those in the know

Jan 18, 2017, 9:20 AM

Scott was not a surprise. He graduated in 3 years and has had a great career for us. He has earned his shot in the NFL. Obviously I'm not an insider of any kind. But my guess is that Fruh. is the only surprising loss to the roster.
I'll be interested to see we take/get Tank Robinson from Lake Marion he is a safety. And if we can snag a RB this late in the game.

We won't sign Tank Robinson.***

Jan 18, 2017, 9:22 AM

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,729
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic