Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Listening to Coot Radio today in Columbia, they are almost
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Listening to Coot Radio today in Columbia, they are almost

Jan 17, 2017, 5:17 PM

giddy describing how bad off the SEC East is likely to be next year from top to bottom and how that bodes well for SCar. The "SEC dominance" era is clearly over. Good riddance.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Listening to Coot Radio today in Columbia, they are almost

Jan 17, 2017, 5:39 PM

You gotta take your opportunities when they're there. We did...now we're having to withstand a charge where there's a TON of good coaches establishing themselves in the ACC and we have an enormous target on our backs. I think we can because they just plain don't have the ponies or established program that we do...but this would a ton harder to do for the first time now that the likes of Fisher, Petrino, Babers, Doeren and Clausen are firmly established in the Atlantic and Fuente, Richt, Narduzzi, and Fedora have entrenched themselves in the Coastal. The SEC coaching rosters look absolutely mediocre in comparison. We separated from our ACC brethren, and I'm glad - if we hadn't the next few years could be rough.

It's fun to dump on South Carolina - and I will, at every opportunity - but the fact remains that Clemson's dominance in a lot of ways helps the Gamecocks. When we're only taking 2-3 players from the state and then recruiting regionally and even nationally - and then only taking 14-15 players a year because our attrition is so incredibly low - we're not exactly strip-mining the state or region and leaving nothing for them. They're getting a minimum of 5-10 three-star (or higher!) players left in-state for them like low-hanging fruit that we don't offer these days because we're shopping from the top shelf now, but are still undeniably quality players, and it makes it a heckuva lot easier to build a roster when that many legit Power-5-caliber players are just being left for you as a foundation.

Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee seriously need to get their acts together or I do think they'll look around and discover South Carolina is still hanging right there with them. Like it or not, if Muschamp can get any kind of consistent offense going (which he never could at UF and still has yet to establish at South Carolina) I do think the Gamecocks can be competitive going forwards. Especially when we're the ones hurting Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, etc. by taking their elite players. You think taking Deshaun Watson and now Trevor Lawrence out of Georgia hasn't seriously impacted UGA? You think losing Hunter Johnson, Amari Rodgers, and Tee Higgins isn't killing Tennesseee? We're hurting those programs, badly...and that does open a window for South Carolina.

You don't build a 10-win program with the kind of talent they're getting now, but you can build an 8-4-type program, and that's the next step Muschamp has to take. The door's open for him...thanks in no small part to, well, us. So it goes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All very true. We're definitely having to leave a lot behind

Jan 17, 2017, 7:22 PM

for them to prosper from, in a SEC East kind of way at least.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As if next season...

Jan 17, 2017, 6:13 PM

is going to be the first season that the SEC-E is a raging dumpster fire of mediocrity?

Face it coots... the east has stunk for YEARS. Being near the bottom of that manure pile just shows how badly the ol' ball sack let you down. Maybe your turd will float a little closer to the top in 2017... YAY!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic