Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cool stat about Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Cool stat about Dabo

Jan 17, 2017, 10:06 AM

In eight and a half seasons Dabo has 89 wins. He only needs 7 wins next year to tie Danny Ford for the second most wins in Clemson history as I think Danny had 96 wins. Eight wins next year an he becomes number two behind only Frank Howard for most wins at Clemson.

I know everyone already probably knows this fact. But Dabo has done a tremendous job building this program. Hope he stays long enough to overtake Frank Howard - who I think won like 165 games in 30 years.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cool stat about Dabo

Jan 17, 2017, 10:16 AM

Just know that Dabo did it in less years and if he continues the streak of 10 win seasons he will break Coach Howards record in less the 20 years. Of course we do play more games now and with many more playoff appearance that record will go down a lot faster. Go Tigers, 2016 National Champions.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cool stat about Dabo

Jan 17, 2017, 10:25 AM

Not down playing Dabo's success, but back in the days you only played 10 games in a season and then one bowl game (only 8 bowl games) if you were lucky. A little while later the season expanded to 11 regular season games and a bowl game (bowls expanded to 25 games). Now we play 12 regular season games and everybody goes to a bowl game, even the coots (40 bowl games). And if you are really good, like Clemson, you get to play in two post season games.

It's nice to break records, but with today's schedules they come a little faster.

Just sayin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Certainly understand that it's easier

Jan 17, 2017, 10:38 AM

to get more wins now with more games played per season. That's for sure. Think Dabo and Danny's winning percentage is about the same at about .761.

So, he's equaled Danny in winning percentage and has the one national title to match Danny's.

I was just pointing out that Dabo could be number two in most wins by the end of next year.

Danny averaged 8.7 wins per year. Dabo 10.5 wins per year so far (89 wins divided by 8.5 years coached). But yes, correct, he has the opportunity to win more per year because they play more games per year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Certainly understand that it's easier

Jan 17, 2017, 11:01 AM

It's the winning percentage that's impressive. Being right there with Danny is high cotton in Clemson lore.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Certainly understand that it's easier

Jan 17, 2017, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Certainly understand that it's easier ]

No need to explain. I wouldnt trade Dabo for anyone else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic